Dimples in my cheeks

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
docsal
New, but learning

Dimples in my cheeks

Post by docsal »

Hey ya'll!! I just wanted to share something with you. I have metabolic syndrome and for quite some time I have been having severe edema all over most of my body. I still have a great deal of edema, HOWEVER, I have discovered that since beginning the program- LDL, that I am starting to have less and less edema and much less severe edema. One thing that I noticed that is a miracle to me is that I have dimples in my cheeks again. I have always had the most amazing dimples in my cheeks and i have not seen them in about 4 yrs or so. I honestly had forgotten that I had them. I thought they were gone forever. Now that the edema in my face is starting to go down, I have DIMPLES IN MY CHEEKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Not only that, but last night I had to go to a meeting for work and i had not seen these colleagues in about 3 weeks. First thing when I walked in, they all looked at me and said "WOW, Doc, you look like you have lost a good bit of weight". That is great. I have no idea what the numbers on the scale are and I dont wanna know for a while. I will weigh later. I am lovin... LOVIN' this program!!! It is giving me the best gift in the world-a healthy ME back!!! More later.  *love* DocSal
mom
Master Member

Re: Dimples in my cheeks

Post by mom »

congrats on the collegues noticing the weight loss, good for you, keep on keeping ldl.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

This is an awesome story....so uplifting!  Such a simple thing, like the return of lost dimples, can mean so much when you look at the story behind it.  LDL is such a healthy way of eating and it does not seem restrictive at all.  The return of your health is priceless!  Those compliments of coworkers are pretty cool too!  ;)
Last edited by turkkm on July 19th, 2009, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Isn't this WOE just the bomb? Everyday it seems like we hear news similar to yours. Keep up the good work.
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

That is wonderful!! I am so happy for you!!

AND the compliments you got at your meeting too..all such great things!

Hey you know what? Now we all want to see your dimples too!  ;D

Way to go Doc!
~Jaz  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Shera

Post by Shera »

Ditto what Jazmyn said, and thanks for sharing your sucess with us. It's so great to know that people are feeling better. (and finding their dimples).  :D

Sheral
docsal
New, but learning

Post by docsal »

you all are so nice and i am so glad that i found out about LDL. it is great to have a place to go to get encouragement. i am in a home situation where it is not so positive most of the time so this REEEAAALLLY helps me to be able to go somewhere and hear postitive encouragement. Yeah... Thank you all!!!! I will try to figure out how to make a picture on here. Sal
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Doc,

That's fantastic!  Your story is so heartfelt.  *hug*

I can really understand that JOY! I think that may be another reason why people who are overweight are depressed (besides all the other medical reasons). When we look in the mirror (If we do, bc we are notorious at avoiding them) we see a distorted picture of ourselves. Where is the face we have looked at our whole lives?  When we start to see it returning, it gives us hope that we can return to a better version of our former selves.

Thank you for sharing that. I hadn't thought about it in that way but it is an issue I have struggled with.

Hope you are doing great!

Julie :rose:
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

Wow, that just makes me feel yummy all over! Thanks for sharing Doc! ;D They should make a smiley face with dimples... I'm just sayin...

Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

That is so AWESOME Doc. Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:
Terri