Cholesterol DOWN!!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Jerzygrl09

Cholesterol DOWN!!

Post by Jerzygrl09 »

After 2 months on LDL my total cholesterol went down 45 points!!

I'm very happy over this because my doctor was trying to talk me into taking a statin drug to bring it down, I said "I'll do it with diet" and I did!!

(My triglycerides were always good and so was my "good" cholesterol - there was no way I was going on meds if I could help it.)
MusicManiac

Re: Cholesterol DOWN!!

Post by MusicManiac »

Way to go, girl!  I am SOOOOOO proud of you!!!
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

That's wonderful...I'm hoping for good results when I go next month.

Martha
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Way to go jerzy!  :thumbsup:  This is so encouraging to me!  I am trying to get my cholesterol down too!  I sure am glad I cough your post here this morning.  Way to blaze the trail for others!  :cool:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Jerzygrl09 wrote:After 2 months on LDL my total cholesterol went down 45 points!!

NOW, if i was as creative as kathie, i'd find a dancing bean to do the happy dance,cause when it comes to lowering cholesterol, they're champions.....
WONDERFUL news........
i have an interesting observation to interject here, jg....i remember when you asked about wether popcorn might be slowing your progress....when i first started on let's do lunch, i ate popcorn after my fruit in the morning(because after eating my fruit, i was still hungry for something)...then, for dinner, more often than not, i had a bowl of popcorn....
now, at this time(as you must know living in jersey), fruit crops are GREAT.........i've been eating watermelon for 2 months....plums, cherries.....never better....this is the fourth summer since i started let's do lunch and the fruit is more plentiful than it's ever been.........
so, i haven't had popcorn probably in a couple of weeks...and, i'm losing better than ever.....
i fit into that size 12 dress for my daughter's wedding in march,then i proceeded to eat whatever i pleased and was shocked when i finally got on the scale.....i had gained almost 20 pounds....well, in the last couple of months TOTALLY on track, i've lost 13(a lot of that 20 pounds was fluid).......but, i've also decided that i would go down to my LOWEST weight again because i feel so horrible eating the garbage i crave when i'm off track.....i had gotten down to my lowest weight the winter of 2007 and then said, "i'm at my lowest weight in years...i'll go off for christmas and then go back after the holidays"......needless to say, it was months before i got back on track..........
without let's do lunch, i have NO willpower...on let's do lunch, i don't need any.............
so, when you mentioned about popcorn slowing your losses, i didn't think it could be, but now i see that it could...for me, anyway.........instead of popcorn, i've been eating watermelon until ready to burst and i see myelf going HOURS before i get hungry and i find myself unable to eat more than a small bowl of bean soup for lunch....
thought i'd share this with you..............niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Niki, I posted somewhere else on these boards about watermelon helping with weight loss.  It was in Prevention magazine.  It said it is the aginine (sp?) in it that help you lose weight faster.  So, I immediately went out and bought a watermelon!  ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

My family and I now eat 5 watermelons and 4 cantaloupe a week!!!  My kids are thrilled!

My son is trying the plan, modified to include my homemade whole wheat, flax seed bread for his lunch... and is hoping to lose 20 lbs...

He ADORES the fruit until bursting at night!!!
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Jerzygrl09, that is so wonderful for you. Keep up the good work. CONGRATS!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Jerzy,  *hug*

That's fantastic!  I am so thrilled for you --- whooo hooo!  Anyone that can avoid getting on medication has scored a huge win in my book! 

Niki,

I am more than a little pleased to read your observation. I have been saying in some posts that certain foods can slow down our progress even though they are LDL. I call it being carb sensitive. This is not a popular stance by any means. I am sure there is some common denominator of which I am not aware (not being a nutritionist). Corn is a biggy esp if we are eating Corn on the cob, COrn thins and popCORN. I have been experimenting with leaving some things out of my eating that may be suspect ( for me) and checking to see if it makes a difference. I had to cut out corn and Bananas (to my regret) bc my skin reacted but I also notice more weight loss as well.

What I know is as long as I stick with the LDL list of foods - I can include the ones that work best for me and watch the weight fall off!  :thumbsup:

I wish I had known about LDL in the 80s - it would have saved me a lot of pain and effort - not to mention cash. I did save a beautiful white leather suit since then and I KNOW I will finally get into it. And guess what - shoulder pads are back! Have you seen the runways?  It's all Dynasty clothes!

Julie :rose: