Epstein Barr...Hypothyroidism...Rosacea...Doesn't matter; LDL kicked butt!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
julie409
Master Member

Epstein Barr...Hypothyroidism...Rosacea...Doesn't matter; LDL kicked butt!

Post by julie409 »

Hi Everyone,

If you have been reading my posts, you know about some of the health challenges I have had. I am grateful that I am only dealing with Epstein Barr, Hypothyroidism and Rosacea bc I know there are many, many people out there and right here that have a lot more to deal with than I do. So thank you, GOD :angel:

I promised myself when I started LDL that I would wait until I hit the 3 month mark before posting my success story. I posted a little now and then, to let people know how I was doing and to get encouragement from our family here.  Ahem.... you will notice I said "I would wait until I hit the 3 month mark..." This is important to note. I had no doubt that I would still be doing LDL after 3 months and for the rest of my life.  :thumbsup:          I don't know why or how, but I knew when I read about it that LDL was the answer to my prayers.  :angel:

When I started LDL, I was at an all time low in health and outlook and an all time high in weight (even higher than when I was pregnant with my second child.) I had no energy at all. I basically white knuckled the work week to get to Friday. I would collapse on the couch and sometimes just move to go to bed and do the same thing the next day. I would watch TV and say - one more show and I will get up. 11 am became 2 pm and before I knew it, it was 9 pm.  I had no idea how to pull myself out of it. The only variation to my routine would be if I was crying or not. I seemed to be out of control. I did still manage to exercise each day even if it was only 20 minutes on the glider - bc I knew if I didn't do at least that, my weight would continue to soar.

The symptoms of EB and HT are very similar and so I had a double wammy of fatigue, depression, brain fog, confusion, forgetfullness and a bunch of other lovely stuff. I researched for protocol and kept coming back to Alkaline and Acidic states of the body. Finally, I had a wicked Rosacea attack - my eye area was red and swollen, my face was hivey and my chest and neck as well. I looked like a distorted Frankenstein version of myself.  :shock: My doctors had no words of wisdom- back to reading - again looking at alkaline foods as a saving grace (there is evidence that an acidic state in the body is the basis for disease- check out a post by Coding Queen). 

I had been on almost every diet plan imaginable - Atkins had worked best for me but I knew it was not a long term solution. When I read about LDL and saw the list of foods in the First article, I was convinced this WOE would work for me. Adding fruit to my diet was just what I needed - portable food - easy and mostly alkaline. I jumped on and never looked back.  *love*

LDL gave me my life back. I have energy to burn. I am focused at work and at home. I am losing weight at a steady and brisk pace (even with the metabolism challenges the HT brings). I have difficulty sitting still for too long. I want to go out and meet with friends and family. Within a week all my cravings for sugar and carbs were obliterated. After a couple more weeks, I wasn't really hungry anymore. For the first time in my life I was in control of my food instead of the other way around. This must be how normal people feel!  YEAH!!!! I had despaired of ever feeling that way.

I began LDL on May 25th and in the first month I lost 15.5 lbs. In the second mo I started using sauces and tapanades that had LDL ingredients but slowed be down bc of the sodium content and also processing  & I was eating too many bananas & I lost 7.5 lbs - still respectable! In the third mo, I cleaned up my act after hearing how well (and what) Lydia was doing - my BAMA girl - and also after hearing from Roger that the best way to do LDL is as it is written - fruit for BF and Dinner and the main meal at lunch with protein, veggies and soups. Following RT's advice, I lost 12.5 lbs. I almost doubled the results of the second month.

I am still reacting to certain food combinations but my eyes are not swollen anymore and my skin is almost clear now. But I think the most significant change is internal. I have hope where there was despair. I am actually thinking of dating again!  I had stopped when I was first diagnosed with EB - 5 years ago. It just seemed like too much trouble.

I owe a great deal of thanks to all my angels in this community. I won;t mention each of you by name but you know who you are!  You have encouraged me and advised me and cared about me.  *hug*  :kissed:  :inlove:  You cannot put a price tag on that. It is an integral part of LDL.

If you are still with me and considering LDL, PLEASE - just begin and don;t look back. You will be astounded at what you can accomplish and how robust you will feel. Believe me - the resolve is built in. Just eat the foods and it will happen.

My sincerest thanks and Love to all,
Julie :rose:
julie409
Master Member

Re: Epstein Barr...Hypothyroidism...Rosacea...Doesn't matter; LDL kicked butt!

Post by julie409 »

Roger,

Thank you so much for your kindness and support. It means the world to me.

You have created not only a wonderful way of eating but this community provides such warmth and caring and a ton of knowledge for all of us. I love coming here every day.

bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Julie, I am so glad you found LDL and that you are doing so much better. It really is a blessing to everyone who tries the plan. I love how easy the plan gets the longer you stick to it. You are doing a great job of taking care of yourself. Thanks for all the info you have posted to help others learn.

I think it is so cool when you can do something today that you couldn't last week. And that happens on this plan. Keep up the good work it is paying off. So proud of you and for you.  *hug*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Julie,

I'm so happy for you. I know you have had your ups and downs since starting LDL. I'll never forget when you had the bad reaction to corn. I was so worried about you. I'm just glad that you stuck with the program and are finally starting to feel like you have control over your health...rather than it controlling you.

You have been such a dear friend to all of us and I hope you will make LDL a lifetime commitment with the rest of us because I don't know what we'd do without you.

*hug*
CQ
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Julie my dear friend, ok you made me cry 2 days in a row now  :rose: I am so completely thrilled for you in so many ways. Look what you have accomplished? I am so happy that you found LDL and that you found all of us. So happy that you have your life back in ways you thought weren't possible.

Once again you have given all of us an amazing post that gives hope and inspiration to us all. I love you and I am only a few thousand miles away, but I am cheering you on each and everyday!

How about a double date?  ;)

*hug*
~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Thanks for sharing, Julie!   *hug*  We are all so happy for you.  I think we've all come to realize that this way of eating has set us free to be who we are supposed to be.   To not feel controlled by food, but to have control is such a powerful feeling.  I know that as you eat this way more and more, those ailments will be righted in your body.  

Isn't is the coolest that we can enjoy the journey along the way with so many precious people?  Now, I'm not saying that I'm totally patient about being where I want to be, but it's so good being able to share this journey with people like you, Julie, and all the others active in LDL.

Keep up the great job  :thumbsup: and thanks for sending encouragement our way.  Here you've been in the midst of all these various health problems and you so freely share encouragement with us. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Doodlebug, Jazzy pants, Bama girl, CQ,
*love* *love* *love* *love*    :'( :'( :'( :'(  *hug* *hug* *hug* *hug*

You guys have me crying like a baby. The tears are just streaming down my face.

I have been having a tough emotional day bc it is the anniversary of the death of someone whom I loved for a lifetime and I was just holding on. YOU sent me over the edge with your love and your kindness. It was just what I needed I guess to get it out. Thank you !

I don't know what angels sent you all at the same time to me on this night but I bless it. Love you all and so happy we are travelling together.

XOXO,
Julie  :rose:
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Julie: you have inspired so many of us by your success, you have faced your challenges head on, and God has blessed you with great success.  I am so pleased to read your post, and celebrate for you.  May God continue to bless your success, and to bless RT for his sharing of ldl with all of us.  Praise the Lord for ldl and all the success.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thank you, Mom.  *hug*  You are very kind.

You know I love saying "Thank you, Mom."  It makes me feel connected to mine in a way though she died in 1978. Too early for me to lose her but  I know she is up there.

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Julie, Thanks so much for sharing your success! What a great encouragement!  :thumbsup: Way to go!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thank you hopeful!  I have been extremely blessed to have found LDL.  :angel:

Welcome to LDL. I hope you know by reading all the posts that LDL works for everyone. I will look forward to hearing of your success real soon.

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, Beautiful success story.  I am also so thankful for all the encouragement I've received on the boards.  I had about given up on weight loss when LDL was brought to my attention.  It has been wonderful.  Nice to meet you, forever Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Joyful Friend,  I'd almost given up myself, but I know I can be trim and healthy on this way of eating and I find it so easy!  I eat just fruit for breakfast and supper and my husband has joined me in this.  That means no cooking for us, except for lunch.  I still have to fix something else for my mom, but that's still a lot easier than before.  I'm finding the weight I am now, after losing almost 25 lbs., looks very good.  I used to think of this weight as fat.  With my walking and Total Gym strength training, my body is trim and fit.  I'm sure I'll lose more, as my goal is to lose about 15 more lbs., but I'm not in such a hurry as I was when I started.  What a blessing God has given us!  I prayed and He answered.  *love*
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Crickadoodle, that's exactly the way I feel about weight.  I have no desire to be size 6 because I have never been that.  I would like to be 15 lbs more and it is so easy on LDL, so I know I can do it.  At noon today, I had a plate of fresh tomatoes, onion, dill pickle and a sirloin burger.  Then to finish it, I had a peach smoothie.  I made one for my hubby and he thought it was a milkshake. Soooo delicious.  I just finished a whole cantaloupe and that will probably be the last I have today.  I'm going to prayer meeting and my hubby will have a can of progresso soup when we get home.  He'll also have a couple cookies, pudding.  I may have a couple cornthins with a little pesto.  They satisfy me.  Nice chatting with you, Forever Friend
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Joyful Friend wrote:Julie, Beautiful success story.  I am also so thankful for all the encouragement I've received on the boards.  I had about given up on weight loss when LDL was brought to my attention.  It has been wonderful.  Nice to meet you, forever Friend

Thank you, Joyful!  
Everytime I see your screen name I can see and hear Lauren Hill singing in the Whoopi Goldberg movie "Joyful, Joyful" I could watch that 100 times.

Here we all are united in our desire to become healthy and lead a better life. I knew that food was powerful but it is still amazing to me the changes that have happenned bc of LDL.

Last edited by julie409 on September 17th, 2009, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, I like that!!!  I am joyful because I have The Holy Spirit living within my heart.  Joy  (Jesus, others, and you)  He gives me joy, joy, joy!!!  I am so happy about LDL woe and all my new friends that I have met on the boards.  It is hard to believe that I will lose today because I feel so satisfied with food, but I will. God was good in answering my prayer for a food solution.  FF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Joyful -- I agree with everything you said.  I taught at a Christian school, and I used to tell the kids that the way to have JOY is to put Jesus first, others second, and yourself last.  That is JOY!  And it really is true.  When you think only of yourself you are a miserable person. 

Oh, I'm loving LDL so much.  You want to hear a secret???  I'm actually looking slender now.  I know I'm still going to lose more weight and it'll look even better, but my belly is pretty flat and my thighs are getting thin looking.  It is amazing to me that this happened so quickly and with no agonizing over not being able to eat certain things.  I just want to tell everybody how great this way of eating is. 

Now, my post had nothing to do with any of the things in the subject title, but I hope it blessed somebody.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Joyful Friend wrote:It is hard to believe that I will lose today because I feel so satisfied with food, but I will. God was good in answering my prayer for a food solution.  FF

Yes, HE was!  :angel: