Allergies and LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
EnJae
Master Member

Allergies and LDL

Post by EnJae »

Hey everybody;

After being on and off LDL for three years I recently learned something about myself that jump-started renewed success!
I had been sticking to my eating plan well since the beginning of June but still was not losing weight as I expected to.

Then about a month ago my doctor sent me to an ENT (ear, nose, throat doctor) to try to figure out why I was always hoarse.
The ENT checked me for reflux and for allergies.

My problem turned out to be allergies.

You know RT tells us that there are some foods we want to eat that are healthy foods but very fattening ones: for example seeds and nuts.
SO he asks us to only eat healthy foods that are not fattening.

In the same line of thinking I have learned that there are healthy LDL-approved foods that I, personally, should not eat like bananas, apples, corn, squashes, etc.

In my allergy test I tested either mildly or moderately allergic to several plants in my area.
Then the allergy tech informed me that there are some foods which will look to my body like the plants I am allergic to.
She gave me an unbelievably LONG list of plants that I react to and the foods that have been found to trick my body.
I began avoiding the allergy triggers as best I could and suddenly the pounds started melting off. I lost 15 pounds in the first 3 weeks after my allergy test. This is after being on a plateau for a couple of months.
I was still eating LDL. I was simply cutting out the LDL-approved foods I loved which happened to be bad for me.

If you are aware of having plant allergies and are struggling to lose weight on LDL, you might check out which foods have cross-reactivity with your plant allergies. See if avoiding them helps.

NJ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Allergies and LDL

Post by CodingQueen »

EnJae,

I'm glad the doctor was able to finally help you find the culprit of your plateau. It can be aggravating when we know we're following the program but not losing.

Julie409 and I have noticed certain LDL foods that triggers allergies with us as well. We've been following the program but avoiding the trigger foods. Did you get a chance to read her success story? Eliminating those foods helped her get there. I'm so proud of her and I hope her story will encourage to keep refraining from your trigger foods, too.

See you in Skinnytown.

CQ
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

NJ   *hug*

Thank you so much for sharing your hard won success story. I am sure that there are people out there that would never believe this was possible - but it be possible!  

I am sorry that you struggled to find the answers you needed but am so delighted that you have finally been able to figure it out. I hope that others reading this may be helped by your story.

Julie :rose:
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

NJ Sweetie.....Im so proud of you.  Great job of figuring out the culprit causing your stall.  I admire you for sticking to the plan even though you didnt lose.  You are really reaping the benefits of your hard work now.  Lots of prayers for your continued success. We're gonna need the new slimmer pic soon!!!!!
Love Ya
Debbie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

And I am learning to LOVE salads made with kale, cabbage and spinach  :thumbsup: (since I can't have lettuce anymore).  :tongue:
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hey Enjae..

i really love raw cabbage...it's great....

and yesterday i "discovered" raw zucchini when i made it into pasta-like slivers and served it raw with some bolognese sauce over it...

can you eat zucchini?  If so, you might also like it raw in your salad.

p.s. i still have not had any corn....it's been a bit over a week now....would really like to snack on it...am certainly missing the crunch and hand-to-mouth action.....i've snacked on a few wasa crackers each day....but it's not the same and they're not the rye ones...i can't find those...so i got a pack of sour dough ones...i think i better stay away from those although i haven't felt any wierd cravings.....

How do you find life without corn?

margo
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Nope, no squashes allowed at all. (For those reading this out of context later: I mean that I am not eating squash due to allergy issues. They are a GOOD LDL choice!)

No Wasa for me either; can't have wheat or rye.

Margo; going without corn, popcorn and cornthins is the hardest thing I have done in awhile! I feel like I am going NUTS with cravings for corn!
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

me toooo! i am really craving corn... And yesterday i saw the lovliest sweet ears of corn.  I could have eaten 4 of them, i'm sure....but those cravings just make me think that corn, for me, may be a trigger and may be stopping my weight loss....i haven't gotten on the scale in a while but my pants feel a bit better around the waist...but i still look like a whalecow  (both precious and beautiful animals, but not animals i want to come to mind when i see a reflection of myself) in the mirror....ugh!

m
Janel

Post by Janel »

Margo,
that is not a good way to see your self, You are a beatiful creature in Christ .  I might have allergies to corn too , I know if I eat Bannas I get really bad tummy aches for 5 or 4 hours.  People have said there is no way that a banna can do that, but those who have seen me in one of the times I have eaten things I should not beleive me.  I just started and am still eating things that are not on the LDL because i can not afford to go starte on to the LDL .  I already feel better on it.
janel
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

EnJae wrote:Margo; going without corn, popcorn and cornthins is the hardest thing I have done in awhile! I feel like I am going NUTS with cravings for corn!

you're not alone, nj.....i gave it up also.....at first, it was because with all that watermelon i was eating, i didn't care wether i had it or not......then, i noticed better results without it......of COURSE, i had come to the point that i was squirting olive oil on it for it to be really delicious, so that combined with the fact that it's KIND of a grain(for me, anyway)wasn't working for me....
if i go off let's do lunch for one reason or another, i eat more protein and might eat popcorn once or twice just to get me started........but then, i go back off the popcorn AND cornthins.......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..