Type 2 diabetes controlled with ldl

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
mom
Master Member

Type 2 diabetes controlled with ldl

Post by mom »

Just a note to say hurrah!,  I started ldl the 16 th of May after reading the magazine article.  Lets do lunch made sense, losing weight was great, but the first of April my HgA1C was 10.2, and my pcp wanted to add either insulin or byetta to my regimen of metformin 1000 mg twice a day.  I had my A1C checked 2 weeks ago, and had not heard anything from the dr. so called the office today to find out what was happening.  Imagine my surprize that my HgA1C is now 6.2, which is considered within normal for a type 2 diabetic, normal for the rest of the population is less than 6. my average blood sugar in the last 3 months has been 130, not to bad considering.  So just to let everyone know that with type 2 diabetes, you can successfully lower your HgA1C and your fasting blood sugar, because I have lowered my fasting sugar to between 90 and 110.  So again the weight loss is great, 25 pounds in 3 months, and lowered HgA1C to 6.2.  so ldl does work.
margo
Master Member

Re: Type 2 diabetes controlled with ldl

Post by margo »

That's wonderful news!!

It's great that you can get your diabetes in check.. and your weight loss is incredible!! 25 pounds in three months?  Great! Congratulations!

margo
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

It works!!!!  Great testimony mom!.....medical improvement by eating right!! Great weight loss as well! I'm so happy for your success! :thumbsup:
What a difference 3 months makes.  I'm looking forward to where we will all be in 3 more months. *love*
Congrats,
mrsj   
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

That's wonderful, mom!

Does your physician know that you're following LDL? It would be nice if more physicans would use the LDL program to help their diabetic patients. The medications can be so expensive and this is a natural way of treating it.

Once again, congratulations on your success.

CQ
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I still have to take my medication, but I don't have to take anything extra, and am hoping that with more weight loss, and a longer time on ldl that I will be able to decrease the amount of medication that I take.