seizures does any one have good results on this to lower meds for

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Janel

seizures does any one have good results on this to lower meds for

Post by Janel »

I'm new to this.  I wanted to know if any one has lowered their seizure meds after being on the program.  I'm hopeing this will help with this as well as my diabetes.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: seizures does any one have good results on this to lower meds for

Post by MsHeirloom »

I don't think I've read about anyone with a seizure disorder on LDL.  With your doctor's permission, you can inform us all of your success.  Many members have done really well with managing their diabetes and blood sugars on this program.  Check out the "Success Stories" section of this website.  You will love LDL for many reasons.  Best wishes.  Pam
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Well hey there, girl! (Janel is my "adopted" daughter, fellow LDL family members. I've mentioned her before, and I'm thrilled that she is willing to give Let's Do Lunch a try!)

Good to see you here. You must have your internet up and running again. Donna Rae is lurking around somewhere too -- I saw she put their picture in the photo gallery, but no messages posted yet. I'm heading home as soon as my files finish backing up.

Honestly, by eliminating as many foods as possible with chemicals in them, you might very well be able -- in time -- to lower your seizure meds -- and others, too. Especially when there is less of you to medicate!  :kissed: You already had the dosage lowered before life's stresses got the best of you, you'll get there again -- and maybe even lower. I've been thrilled by all the various medical improvements so many people have posted here. Good general health improves almost any condition.

So, Hon, don't make yourself crazy with this. Just do your best with what you have on hand, and add more and more good stuff as you go along. You picked up a can of Sloppy Joe filling at the store the other day and lamented that you'd probably have to give those up. I haven't tried it yet, but there IS a healthier LDL version. The recipe is here on the boards, and I think also in the recipe cards that will come with your book. It's called R M's Made Rights. Big recipe -- you'll want to cut it in half and will still have some to freeze. The recipe calls for a can of Campbell's tomato soup, which does have a small amount of sugar in it -- but once you thin it down with all the other good stuff, the sugar is very minimal. That's the way you have to think. You can't eliminate all the bad stuff 100%. It will make you nuts. You just have to eliminate it as often as you can, and keep it minimal the rest of the time.

You'll do great at this! You were making good progress before just with portion control and careful choices. This is even easier. We just need to find a tasty substitute for bread for you.  ;)

Going home! Talk to you later, and see you Friday

Love, Mom (we have an official "Mom" on the boards who comes from Yakima!)
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Welcome Janel! We are glad you are here!  :thumbsup: I just adore your mom and I think you will find a board full of friendly and supportive people here.

With this way of eating the weight loss is one benefit yes..but I think you will find many testimonials about improved health in many areas. This is what is truly wonderful about eating this way. Our bodies get healthy.

Please post and ask questions whenever you want to...there is always someone around so it seems to help you out or clarify something.

Again welcome!  :D

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone