Almost 5 months and 47 pounds GONE!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Glen M
New, but learning

Almost 5 months and 47 pounds GONE!

Post by Glen M »

Hello everyone,
I'm not much of a poster, but I had to drop by and give everyone an update. It's been almost 5 months since I started LDL and I'm down 47 pounds! It's a steady drop in weight and size with lifelong habits that I can live with from now on! I have been staying away from the scale only weighing about once a month, but the one of the greatest things is all of my clothes are too big...way too big! I have a large stack of clothes in my closet that I cannot wear because they are so big! That feels so good to look down at that stack of clothes! I also had a very nice suit that I had outgrown and every once in a while I would try that on to see how much better it fits. Now that it fits I'll have to find another "clothes goal"! I had a physical about a month ago and the Doc's was amazed! My BP is way down to normal and I avoided BP meds, to me that is worth all of it right there!  but wait.....as an added benefit, my cholesterol was at 143 (down from about 200-250)!. The doc was really pleased and I got a clean bill of health. I would also like to say that you CAN do this on your own without your spouse being on this diet! My wife has not been on LDL and so she and my daughter eat normally around me (yes..all the deserts and fatty foods!) and I have not cheated any! How about that? Everyone says how do you do that? I tell them about LDL and how it greatly reduces your cravings for sweets and fatty foods!  My biggest "secret" if there is one.. has been the fruit smoothies, I drink 2 of those a day and still love them. When I first started LDL I bought a vita-mix and I can tell you that thing has been worth every dime! It's so wonderful to have people come up to you with their eye's wide and want to know how much weight you have lost! I've had friends that haven't seen me in a while ask me if I was well!!! Ha...yes I am! Better than ever! Stay on the LDL train..you will get there!!!

Take care!!

Glen
Roadglide

Re: Almost 5 months and 47 pounds GONE!

Post by Roadglide »

Glen, I give you all the credit.  With others eating their heavy meal at night, it must have been tempting.  Go going!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Yeah, Glen!!!!  Just keep Vita-Mixing.  You are a shining example of the success possible with LDL :rose:!  Pam
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

Glen M wrote:Hello everyone,
I'm not much of a poster, but I had to drop by and give everyone an update. It's been almost 5 months since I started LDL and I'm down 47 pounds! It's a steady drop in weight and size with lifelong habits that I can live with from now on!

Glen,

I've been reading your posts, way to go, man!  Congrats on the weight loss.  Stories like yours are truly inspiring.

Take care,
Horkster
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

A great success story, I am sure it will get even better. Keep us posted as you move along the way.  So glad your cavings for sweets have left you....Hang in there as I AM SURE YOU WILL, You will be in skinnyland soon  :thumbsup: Wither
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Wow, Glen, what a great report!!!! :) That is so encouraging to all of us. Please don't be a stranger!  *hug*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.