Insulin Pump and LDL

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Insulin Pump and LDL

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  I thank God DH is actually taking the lead on this. He is usually more pure LDL than I am. I finally beat the cravings today with Pat's Hot Pumpkin Smoothie. Made the whole gallon recipe and only about 8oz of it stopped the cravings. Me thinks I was not getting enough beans. I can get more in with them blenderized. Now I need to get busy before he weighs less than me. He is 6ft.and I am 5'2'' (or used to be). I can't let him get to Onederland before me! Everytime we have been successful loosing weight was when we did it together, so I know you who are doing it without spousal support are really determined and I salute you! :thumbsup:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Isn't Patsy's smoothie the best.  I find I crave it and miss it when I'm out.  I think I'll make a new batch this week :angel:!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  I didn't have any canned carrots, so I threw in 4 very ripe banans. No sweetener needed. The fruit is sweet enough.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
2good2btrue
New, but learning

Post by 2good2btrue »

OK, Am I missing out by not doing smoothies?  I just don't have a blender to make the smoothie.  Are they made with some sort of protein powder or just fruit like in the book?

Cheryl
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

If you are in an area that has rummage sales, you can pick one up fairly cheap.  They are in pretty new condition because its one of those "things" we have to have but only gets used once or twice.    since I've been doin ldl  I'm gonna have to pick up another one.  jj
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

2good2btrue 

I eat smoothies everyday and I love them.  If I don't have one for breakfast I am hungry for one by dinner time.  i make them with all kinds of fresh and frozen fruit.  My husband did try beans but we didn't like the taste.  I have an oster I had not used for years so dusted it off and use it all the time now.  I went to an in door sale a few weeks back and found another blender for under $5.00 that the woman bought and used like once then just stored it.  I see them all the time at sales so if you don't want to pay full price and have sales going on around you I would wait and pick up one at amazingly low prices.
2good2btrue
New, but learning

Post by 2good2btrue »

Thank You for responding about the smoothies.  I love my fresh fruit and popcorn at night.  I think I will get a popcorn popper instead and ask for a blender for Christmas.  Cheryl
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I am looking for the hot pumpkin smoothie recipe and can't find it. I know I saw it somewhere, but can't find it now. Part of the weight I lost must be my mind!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Here is the recipe for the hot pumpkin smoothie...

Hot Pumpkin Smoothie

1 can pumpkin
3 cans any white bean, rinsed and drained,
2 cans no sugar added pears, undrained,
2 cans no sugar added peaches, undrained,
1 large can pineapple chunks, undrained,
1 can sliced carrots, drained;
1/3 cup Splenda,
2 Tbs. Pumpkin Pie Spice,

Blend a few cans at a time and pour all into large container, stir with whisk until well blended. This is enough for about a week.  I will have to try this some day soon.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Just made this. Very tasty!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.