My BP is normal?! No way... ;)

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Horkster

My BP is normal?! No way... ;)

Post by Horkster »

So, I've been on the LDL plan for almost a month now, and I'm loving how the scale keeps moving to the left (for a change...nice change) and how I've already had to punch new (smaller) holes in all my belts.  This diet is working, and I'm feeling really encouraged about my health for the first time in a long time.

I've always had high blood pressure, even in High School (20+ years ago) when I was in reasonably athletic shape. 
Borderline high, but it was almost always over 120/80, with 135/90 being typical.  As I got older, it started climbing, and
I've been on BP meds for the past 8-10 years or so.  I check it with a little portable home BP tester, and it has been
fairly steady with the meds, still always borderline high, but steady.

Until this morning.  118/78.  I couldn't believe it, so I checked it again.  119/76.  Ok, so it is not earth-shatteringly,
amazingly incredibly low, but it is below Normal.  For the first time in years.  Twice!  Yes!

I've lost about 14 pounds since starting LDL so far, and an inch or so off my waist, and now my BP levels are
approaching normal.  I couldn't stop grinning.  Normally my Monday mornings never start off this well.

Wishing everyone a great week!  Mine is starting off pretty well.  :thumbsup:

Horkster
430/416/215
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: My BP is normal?! No way... ;)

Post by MsHeirloom »

Horkster- I think I had only lost my first 10-15 pounds when I had to cut my BP medication dose in half.  My BP was so low I was getting dizzy.  Isn't this great:  great food, no hunger, numbers going south, wonderfully supportive friends...  Congratulations :rose:!  Pam
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Congratulations! Wonderful news!   :)
Last edited by Bethann on March 29th, 2010, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Awesome news, Horkster!

One of the first things LDL seems to do is start to get rid of the internal belly fat that is so dangerous. And the fiber in the beans starts to clean your arteries. Your heart and all your organs are more happy now, and you are seeing the result in your BP. Great news!

The excellent results in our health keep us on the train -- no matter what the scale says. I'm so happy that you're experiencing great results -- both scale-wise and other-wise!

Enjoy the journey -- and continue to be amazed!
Terri
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

OMG  the results re BP seem absolutely fantastic.  And for the BP............... I am even more into beans.  The results speak for themselves............ Is this not one phenomal WOE.  The food tastes so good.
rodie

Post by rodie »

What good news for you! :thumbsup: Baby Steps,1 lb at a time.

Hugzzz
Rodie :)
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

awesome, this must be such a relief for you
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

DH has lost significantly more weight on LDL than I have on LDL. He never was very consistent taking his BP meds. Apparently he has not taken any in one week and asked me to take his BP this morning. It was 120/70!!! Even in his 20's his diastolic was 90. When they put him on BP meds he was running 160-170 / 90-100. I have never seen his BP this low! I am so looking foreward to visiting his doctor in May!
Last edited by LINDA RN on April 3rd, 2010, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congatulations Horster! What good news! Thanks for sharing, it is such an encouragement for others!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Glad to hear this!  :rose:
Great  news! Horster, Congratulations!  :rose:
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

This is wonderful, Horkster. And quite an encouragement to this newbie. I'll be watching you.  :cool:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
tthso52

Post by tthso52 »

Great news!  What a wonderful WOE! 
Terry

Restarted LDL on 2/7/11
3 weeks on LDL 2/28 -5#
3/31/11 -7#
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Thats really great news!!  I am wondering if that is what happened to my mother.. I had told all of you that my Mom also started LDL.. she was on it for one week and lost 2 pounds..She only has about 20 pounds to loose.  This week she told me that she is going off LDL as she is very light headed and feels like passing out.. She is 88 years old.. and lives an hr a way and I work daily so I cannot go and check out her BP... She prob. has lowered her BP and is on meds.. She tries to self medicate alot of the times and gets herself in trouble, so I didnt want to suggest that.. She said she would still follow LDL but add more of her own foods.. Oh well.  If she lived closer, I could monitor a bit easier.  So we will see what happens.
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

That is great news about your BP. I have been on LDL for 5 months now. I also  take bp meds. But still having to fight mine. It is still higher than the Dr, wants. I keep waiting for this to happen to me. The DR. told my husband that some peoples bp just runs on the high side, Don't know about that. Regardless ldl is just the greatest. Just think we are all going to be a bunch of skinny people.  :) :) Wishing  you the best Wither