thryoid

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
jjelli

thryoid

Post by jjelli »

Hi Friends,
Was to the Dr. yesterday cause my thryoid test # was 5.20.  Which is a slow one, and it effects my metabolism, weight loss and tiredness.    Now I have to take a pill and go back in two months.  :'(    Didn't get a chance to tell her that I had already lost 40 lbs  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    ;D      Even with my slow motor  LDL works wonders.  *love*    She seemed to be a good Dr.  very professional but didn't take the time to get to know "me".    Well here's a thought.  If I take a large dose of the med, it should put my thryoid in high gear (twice as fast as the road runner)  and I'll be a goal in a couple of days!!!!  But since it's not the miracle pill,  I'll just take it like I'm suppose to.  jj
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: thryoid

Post by MsHeirloom »

JJ- You are doing great!!!  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI jj,

I am glad for you to have found an issue that can be addressed.  *hug*  You are so fortunate.  Yes, you will probably be taking the meds for the rest of your life as the thyroid regulates a lot of the systems in our body so please read as much as you can about it and note any changes you feel. So many of us miss them and chalk it up to getting older - and unfortunately so do our doctors.

Congratulations on the great success. The meds should help you to keep things moving so it's great timing. It may not help you go quite as fast as your hoping but they certainly should help. I kn ow you will keep us posted and am looking forward to hearing more great results.

(Hey Pam  *hug* )
Julie :rose:
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Thanks Pam & Julie,
I'm not a great pill taker.....that will be my downfall so hope I don't forget to take it on the scheduled time.  I'm suppose to take it in the am with glass of water an hour before I eat anything, which I can do.  I do have a cup or two of coffee in that hour so hope that doesn't hurt. 
I've noticed that quit of few of us loose an initial 40-50-60 pounds in the first few months,  then we stall. (hopefully not getting to discouraged).  I think in Roger's book it said he lost steadily.  I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of it has to do with being male or female.
I also feel like my fat has shifted....feeling rounder..
Another issue I have (with myself)  is eating til full....well my full button doesn't work so good.  :stop:  And the old clean up your plate!!!!  I'm going to try to have smaller portions when I first start eating then go back for more.  If I don't see it on my plate, I won't feel like I have to eat it.  Try to monitor when I feel actual hungry.  jj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

JJ - that sounds like a plan. It may be better for you with the thyroid issue to eat more often and smaller portions. I know this is not an accepted view on here but for me it works better. It helped to keep my energy up during the day.

The coffee within an hour should be fine. It is important to take the meds at the same time every day. I bring a bottle of water into my BR so I can have some first thing in the morning and my meds are right on top of the alarm clock. I take it as soon as I open my eyes. Try to watch for soy in products that you may not suspect. It is not good for your/our condition. There are other foods that are thyroid friendly and not so it is best to read up on the condition as much as you can.

You'll be fine. PM me if you have any other questions.  *hug*

Take care of you!
Julie :rose:
blessed

Post by blessed »

Julie I found your post about soy products interesting.  Is that just if you have a slow thyroid?  I had thyroid cancer so of course my whole thyroid was removed.  I am very faithful with my meds.  I'm like you, I keep a water bottle in my bedroom.  I'm wondering, should I be avoiding soy products??  Most of the time when I get tested the numbers are fine, but occasionally they are out of wack, but seem to take care of themselves.  Now I'm starting to wonder if it is because of what I eat. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

blessed,

Everyone should avoid soy products that haven't been fermented....not just people with thyroid conditions.

http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... pic=7604.0

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So is the good soy sauce brands that were mentioned made from fermented soy?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

LINDA RN,

Yes.

CQ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

jj.......i've had a lot of problems related to my thyroid..have been on medication for more than 15 years.............i learned THE HARD WAY that soy is bad for people with underactive thyroids.........while i was on let's do lunch, i added soy to my diet and GAINED weight.....i also caution you about eating raw broccoli or cauliflower......they're not as bad when cooked, but are considered goitrogens..
here's a list...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goitrogen...

you do a GREAT disservice to yourself if you don't EAT UNTIL YOU'RE COMPLETELY FULL....THAT is part of what throws the switch on your appetite....i recommend giving up caffeine, artificial sweetener(except good quality stevia)and dairy for optimal results.....i had to lower my thyroid medication dose so i decided that i would start drinking coffee again......i drank 3 mugs a day in the morning thinking i needed it to get me started and give me energy.....WRONG...coffee is a highly acidic liquid...i didn't want to give it up...BELIEVE ME...but, i did...i'm not saying you should give up any of these things...just that you should be aware of it for now so that down the road if you feel you'd like better results, you would know what changes you could make.... 
i wish you success...........sincerely, niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..