Test results!!!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
BMorg

Test results!!!

Post by BMorg »

I posted this in my Journal, but wanted to post it here, too:

Just got back from the dr. He is THRILLED with my bloodwork.

A1C dropped from 10.5 to 6.4
Cholesterol dropped from 187 to 158
Triglycerides dropped from 180 to 99
Glucose dropped from 255 to 110.

All my other numbers have also now returned to within normal range, all within 6 weeks of being on LDL. Amazing.

I got on the scale but DIDN'T LOOK....he laughed. I told him I didn't want to know until my monthly weigh day, July 1.

Just wanted to share.

Blessings!
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
Kathie

Re: Test results!!!

Post by Kathie »

Congrats Beth..wonderful news.. You should be his poster child for good health!  Looks like you have done all of the right things in your six weeks.. I know he must have been thrilled as he should have been!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
blessed

Post by blessed »

Way to go!!  Your a prime example of whet this way of eating can do for you.  Fantastic A1C drop!!
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Beth, you are doing a fantastic job! I'm so happy about your test readings!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

Good Morning Beth,

This is Tom, I am a newbie here and you gave me such encouraging words the other day when I was so down about my numbers, I wanted to say congrats on yours going the right direction.  You have worked hard and the numbers show it.  God has blessed you with his favor and his love covers you.  Your journey is an inspiration for me and all who struggle with Diabetes.

Way to go............
Tom
julybug

Post by julybug »

Way to go!!!  I love this way of eating.  The test results just say so much for this WOE.  I hope you are feeling better too, can you tell any difference yet?  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Those numbers are wonderful. Too funny you not looking at the scales    :laughing:  :laughing:  WITHER
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Congratulations Beth!! You are an inspiration to all of us.

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Thanks, everyone, for your kind, kind words. I'm not exaggerating when I say God brought LDL to me. First, it was introduced to me by a pastor friend a couple years ago. He was doing this "smoothie" diet, he called it. Not long after that, I happened to see the blue book in a bookstore, bought it and read it. BUT DIDN'T DO IT. Just put it on the shelf.

Then, sometime in April, probably 2-3 years after the initial incident, I got an email out of the blue advertising LDL.  I don't know who it was from...don't even recall if I read it. I've gone back in my archives to find it, but I must have deleted it. I was at a really low point in my life regarding my obesity. I was so tired of living as an obese woman. This was NOT who I truly was. I felt like I was trapped in a body I didn't belong in. Anyway, I got the book back down and read it again. This time, I seemed to have hope begin to well up within me. I turned 60 in April....and my mortality has really been flashing before me for sometime. I'm not young anymore. My days and years are truly numbered now. I just felt like, "It's now, or never!" I felt I may not have another chance to turn this around. I claim the scripture that says, "In Him I live, and MOVE, and have my being"....that's all I want...is just to be able to MOVE. To walk, to run, to dance, to FLY!!! I praise my Heavenly Father for giving me the desire of my heart.

Blessings to you all. Have a wonderful weekend. And together, WE CAN DO THIS.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Together, we will do it, Beth!!!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Beth, you've gotten your life back and it's only going to get better.  Those numbers are so encouraging!  God is good to lead us to LDL.  I thank Him all the time. 

You know, I have started running some.  I read that most adults only do cardio, stretching and muscle building kind of exercises and one we forget about is anaerobic -- the kind you can't do for long, because you can't breathe!  I read how doing this will cause your body to naturally produce human growth hormone.  Anyway, I decided to see what would happen if I included it in my exercise routine.  My sprint is probably like most people's jog, but I do 40 second sprints -- 4 of them in all.  You recuperate for at least 90 seconds in between each.  Well, I'd been walking and at goal weight for several months when I started.  I started with 30 second sprints and did 2 and then 3 of them.  I actually think the way it forces me to breathe deeply has to be good for my lungs.  I also read it increases your lung capacity and your heart capacity.  I find it is great for my thighs and upper arms too.  I read about all this on the Dr. Mercola site.  There are other types of anaerobic exercises -- like biking as fast as you can.  I just decided to do sprints, since I'm already walking.  I'm in my 50s, and I know I'm in better shape now than I was throughout my 30s and 40s.  That makes growing old not so bad.  Now, I'm not saying that in this life you are going to do any flying, except in a plane -- but you could run again one day.  I always say that I bet skipping is a good form of exercise -- jokingly.  Except, think, have you ever seen a kid skipping who wasn't also smiling or laughing?  I think skipping would promote good mental health -- but you'd look like you were crazy doing it!  :D  I've promised my husband that I won't skip around the neighborhood, trying to start a new exercise craze -- but deep down inside, I'm just itching to try it!  :laughing:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You go for it, Rhonda....you couldn't look anymore childish and happy than I do on the ice doing jumps and spins, LOL
Hop Scotch, anyone? :D *woot*
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Beth - Congratulations on your great success.  :thumbsup:

Exercise is one of the best things we can do for our bodies - no matter what weight or age we are. So do whatever you can enjoy - that makes you smile and that will truly bring you good health. Forget the numbers!

Julie :rose:
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Anyone want to come on over for some mud-sliding (30 foot almost straight down...then, the exercising comes when pulling yourself back up to the top...sliding a bit here and there each time you let go of the rope)....it is incredible for mental and physical health and you're at least hidden by trees. ;D  You know, you can look ok skipping (or skating/mud-sliding for that matter) if you have kids around you.....they really do keep you young....Rhonda, I can't believe you're 50...you do look much younger...you too Beth, 60 REALLY?

Blessings,
Julie