Medical mystery

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
BMorg

Re: Medical mystery

Post by BMorg »

Julie,
I will check further into this. Thanks! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Beth, looking forward to hearing the results, hope all goes well............Wither
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

CQ posted this link with the food lists in the 2 categories.

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/pdf_news/ ... _Chart.pdf
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

witheraway1 wrote:He ordered him a MRI which they don't like to do because of the expense to them. He said that will tell all. Getting the results next week. He has begun to get better though. Mybe if you don't get a diagnois you could try to push for the MRI. That should reveal the problem he has. I know just not knowing, you just feel so helpless. Hope the best for you and your husband............Wither

Wither... Did your husband's MRI find anything that would contribute to his pain? 

Beth... Has you husband had an MRI?

This is really weird but I just finished reading a fiction book called "The Best Revenge" (Steven  White, author) where the main character, an FBI agent, had constant pain in her legs. At the end of the book she has an MRI ordered by her neurologist.  The radiologist found a small lesion on her spinal column that seemed to be the culprit.  I know it's fiction, but all fiction books have some real life experiences in them and a lot of authors do a lot of research for thier plots. 

P.S.  For those of you who love mystery books, I would recommend this one. It was so intriguing, I finished it in a day!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Beth,

Did they check his magnesium level? Modern medicine suggest that we have a ratio of 2:1 (calcium to magnesium) but we actually need a ratio of 1:1 to be healthy. A low magnesium level will cause severe muscle pain as well as other issues.

Normal levels of magnesium in the blood do not necessarily reflect body stores of magnesium. The body attempts to keep blood magnesium levels relatively stable and will release magnesium from bone and tissues to accomplish this. So blood levels may be normal with early magnesium deficiencies. The body will do the same with calcium, therefore, causing osteoporosis.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on July 9th, 2010, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

And from what I have read about taking magnesium supplements the only side effect/toxicity is........diarrhea :shocked:. So supplement if you want, and especially if your system is a little sluggish, LOL :wacko:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Vickilynn, Thanks for asking, he gets the results on July 14th. The Dr. does suppect it is his back causing all the problems. My husband says they are wrong it is his leg..........His MRI the DR. ordered was for his back, don't know why they didn't do his legs as well. If they don't find anything in the back then I guess it's another MRI ON HIS LEGS THIS TIME. His pain is much better though and he can sleep most nights in the bed. I will post the results.........WITHER
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Wither,

Your husband may have spinal stenosis from either osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease or some other issue. That will often cause lumbar radiculopathy (leg pain).

CQ
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

All of his blood work came back normal, EXCEPT he is Vitamin D deficient. This could very well be the cause of his chronic pain. The dr is starting him on supplements. We are hopeful. :)
Last edited by BMorg on July 10th, 2010, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

How much was prescribed?
Linda

BMorg

Post by BMorg »

I think he said 1000 mg.

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I did some research into it. I had heard that 15,000 units a day would keep cancer away. I was concerned because I had heard you can actually get too much so before I recommended that dose to anyone, I looked into it. I think I read that to get toxic, you would have to be taking something like 100,000 units a day for several months. Gary has been taking 15,000 units a day for a couple months now without any problem. We got 5,000 units tabs at WalMart and he takes 3 tabs once a day (when he doesn't forget). He was dividing the doses and forgetting to take the rest so he started taking all once a day. But he admited he forgot to take any yesterday. Our daughter who has had problems with kidney stones told us recently that a battery of lab showed everything normal EXCEPT low Vit D levels. Guess the medical community is recognizing the importance of Vit D and are testing for it now.

This from Mercola's site:
The 25(OH)D – also called the 25-hydroxyvitamin D test – is the correct test to determine your vitamin D level. It is a MUST to have your blood checked if you choose vitamin D therapy.

Dr. Mercola explains that vitamin D status is measured by looking at blood levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3. There are a number of FDA-approved vitamin D testing companies, but the gold standard is DiaSorin.
Last edited by LINDA RN on July 10th, 2010, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

CodingQueen wrote:Modern medicine suggest that we have a ratio of 2:1 (calcium to magnesium) but we actually need a ratio of 1:1 to be healthy. A low magnesium level will cause severe muscle pain as well as other issues.

Normal levels of magnesium in the blood do not necessarily reflect body stores of magnesium. The body attempts to keep blood magnesium levels relatively stable and will release magnesium from bone and tissues to accomplish this. So blood levels may be normal with early magnesium deficiencies. The body will do the same with calcium, therefore, causing osteoporosis.

i spray magnesium on my skin...i get it from my vitamin place...the only thing is that it's greasy and a little annoying.....but, i'm going to try using it more often....

i take 2,000 units of vitamin d...............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

My husband got the results from his MRI today. He has several compressed disc's in his back causing pain to go down his leg and affect the quad muscle. He gave him a shot in the back hoping that will take care of it. If not he will have to have further injections done at the hospital. He told him he would have to be very careful until his muscle gets well...........Wither
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Niki,

The docs put me on 5,000 IU's of vitamin D a day. When I asked if that was too high I was told that the recommendations for the public were too low. I was also told that if I spent 30 minutes in the sun that would be equivalent to 20,000 IU's.

CQ
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

witheraway1 wrote:My husband got the results from his MRI today. He has several compressed disc's in his back causing pain to go down his leg and affect the quad muscle.

Wither... Happy to hear that the doctor found the cause of your husband's leg pain and I hope his quad muscle heals quickly.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks Vicklynn your so sweet........... :rose:  Wither