Detox Broth or Soup?

All our yummy soup recipes!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Detox Broth or Soup?

Post by CodingQueen »

I've seen this recipe on the internet for quite awhile. It's suppose to be a detox broth if ALL THE INGREDIENTS ARE ORGANIC...INCLUDING THE SPICES...

A very good friend of mine has been doing LDL for some time now (no, he doesn't post on the boards) and he's looking good. :thumbsup: He makes this broth (soup?) for his Fruit and Soup flush days (once a week). By the way, I honestly think that it really doesn't matter if the vegetables are organic or not...just washed properly....CQ

Ingredients:

4 carrots cut in 2 inch chunks
4 stalks of celery
4 red radishes
1 beet, quartered
Big handful of fresh green beans
Big handful of fresh Italian parsley,
1 leek, quartered (tops cut off) (wash well inside)
4 okra split in half
2 inches burdock root
3 red skinned potatoes, quartered (yes, he uses)
½ head of green cabbage
3 1-inch chunks of peeled ginger root
A few shavings of turmeric root or a few shakes of turmeric powder
2 green onions
2 tbs of extra virgin coconut oil
3 cloves of garlic
2  cucumbers,  cut in 1 inch chunks
Small handful of Himalayan Sea Salt ( 2-3 tbs)
A few dashes of cayenne pepper
2 Tbs Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cloves
1 gallon of spring water

Directions:

Put it all in a slow cooker, turn it on low and go do something else for 8-24 hours.
Strain out all ingredients and discard.* Add more salt or pepper to taste. If you don’t have all of the ingredients, that’s fine, just make it with the ingredients that you do have, it should turn out great!
Sip on it all day and do a broth cleanse. Or, replace a few dinners in a row with the broth.

*Instead of discarding the vegetables that have no taste by now (he hates to throw away food)...puree them in the blender to thicken the broth and make a soup.
Last edited by CodingQueen on March 28th, 2011, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Detox Broth or Soup?

Post by CodingQueen »

RT,

He peels all his vegetables that are not organic but I'll let him know that you approve of the red potatoes.

CQ
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Detox Broth or Soup?

Post by LINDA RN »

What in the world is burdock root? I am at the store getting ingredients. No sign of burdock. Substitute?
Last edited by LINDA RN on April 3rd, 2011, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...