Easiest soup ever!

All our yummy soup recipes!
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Easiest soup ever!

Post by yoyodieter »

I have a cooked cauliflower ( nuke it in the MW) and put some pieces in my magic bullit, add some low sodium vege broth, some pepper and nutmeg. I blend it up and drink it right out of the cup.
I have a stash in the fridge so when the hunger pangs hit I have a cup of that.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Easiest soup ever!

Post by LINDA RN »

Hummmmmm
Interesting combo.
Never thought about combining nutmeg and cauliflower
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks for the post yoyodieter.  That soup sounds good and easy.  I'm going to give it a try.  I'm always looking for new good soups to try on these boards.  Jerrie  :thumbsup:
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

I cooked some cauliflower tonight to make this soup.  At the same time I was boiling some frozen corn (love frozen corn).  As I was boiling the corn I wondered what the soup would be like with the corn.  So after making the cauliflower version, I then made a corn version, by putting some of the cooked corn in the small majic bullet container, and some chicken stock, with a bit of pepper, (no nutmeg), and mixed it up and it was really good.  It kinda tasted like cream of corn soup (without cream).  I also put a tiny bit of liquid stevia in it to enhance the sweetness of the corn.  Jerrie :)
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Yoyo - thanks for the recipe.  I will have to try it.  When I make the corn soup, I use the extra sweet Green Giant corn, because it is so sweet without any added sugar, and it makes the soup kinda sweet, almost like creamed corn. Also love frozen corn.  Thanks again for the recipe.  Sounds easy.  Jerrie :)
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Yoyo, 

This sounds a lot like my Cauliflower Soup recipe.  I make it in a 4-qt. pot and add saute' sweet onion, a whole head of cauliflower cut up, 1 can Navy beans drained and rinsed, a bit of seasoning (garlic, salt, pepper) and 4 cups of chicken bullion (or 4 cups water with 4 tea. chicken bullion).  All blended with my immersion blender.  Good hot or cold.  *love*

Try adding the sweet onion and save the soup as a cream base to add corn, chicken, mixed veggies, broccolli, etc.

*hug*
Ginny