Ruby Tuesday's White Chicken Chili

All our yummy soup recipes!
Charlotte C.

Ruby Tuesday's White Chicken Chili

Post by Charlotte C. »

Hey everyone found this online and wanted to share. I made this yesterday and boy is it good :thumbsup:

Ruby Tuesday's White Chili

6 c. Chicken stock
  1 lb. Bag Great northern Beans ( soaked in water overnight )
  2 med. Spanish onions, chopped
  6 c. diced cooked chicken
  2 jalapeno peppers, seeded diced ( I dont seed because I like it spicy )
  2 diced chili peppers
  1 ½  tsp. Oregano
  2 tsp. Cumin
  ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
  2 garlic cloves, minced
  1 c. salsa
  1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil ( I used olive oil )
  Salt to taste

Simmer beans, half the onions, and half the garlic in chicken stock until beans
  soften, stirring often. Add chicken and salsa. Saute pepper, spices, and remaining
  onions and garlic in the oil. Then add to the chili. Simmer for about one more hour.

This really is yummy. And filling.  ENJOY            Charlotte
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Ruby Tuesday's White Chicken Chili

Post by LINDA RN »

I have a big jar of white beans. I will bet by adding precooked chicken, I could do this very quicky at work.
Thanks for sharing
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks Charlotte for the recipe.  It looks really good.  Going to have to try it soon.  Jerrie :)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks Charlotte. :thumbsup:  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Charlotte,
Planned to make this tomorrow at work. How many chicken breasts will I need for the 6 cups? Maybe 4?
Also don't have chili peppers, add extra Jalepenos? Use chili powder or smoky paprika?
Decided to use Rotel tomatoes and green chilis instead of salsa. That OK, or would Picante sauce be better?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- You follow recipes like I do :laughing:!!!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for the company, Pam.
Good to know I am not the only weirdo here.
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- We are "creative."
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

:thumbsup:
Linda

Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Hey Linda, I used a whole chicken.... I know where not really not suppose to. But it was all I had. I did'nt have chili peppers either so like you I used more jalepenos. I didnt use chili powder or paprika. Rotel tomatoes should be fine.
Hope this helps.
                                                                                                        Charlotte
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks Charlotte
Will let you know how it goes.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK so here is how it went for me.

Put 3 frozen chicken breasts in my FryDaddy pot when I got to work. Set it on warm, put the lid on and went to work.
About an hour later, they were thawed so on a break, I cut them up in cubes. There was so much juice/liquid I hated to throw it out, so I added a box of chicken broth, a tablespoon of minced Garlic and a cup or so of the frozen seasoning blend (onions peppers and celery).
I let that simmer on warm for another hour or so and then added about a tablespoon or so of Mexican oregano, and a teaspoon or so of cumin. I forgot to bring the ceyene pepper powder so added maybe a teaspoon of smoked Paprika. Also when it was cooking, the too much oregano made me think I may have ruined it so the smoked paprika I hoped would cover the too much oregano. I also added a 48oz jar of Great Norther Beans ( I looked at the ingredients and it had SUGAR!.....I rinsed them well). I thought I might not have enough beans so I added a can of rinsed chick peas. Then I added the can of mild Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilis. I let that simmer while I went back to work.
By 1130 everyone could smell it. I added 3 diced seeded Jalepenos. I did not sautee any onions or the garlic so I did not use the oil.
Well, after simmering for an hour or so the strong oregano smell subsided and you really could not taste it. It really tasted good.
Got alot of complements. Even DH liked the left-overs this morning.

What I would do different:
Would be better to cook the dry beans instead of using canned. The broth would be thicker and richer.
I might sautee the onions and garlic and add the thawed chicken.
Obviously this is a better dish made at home on the weekend instead of on the fly, but is was very good and filling the way I did it.
This is a definitely a "do again" recipe.
Linda

Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Glad you liked it Linda. I did use dry beans for this instead of canned ones so mine was pretty thick. To me the oregano was a bit to much so the next time I make this I will cut back on it. I have'nt used seasoning blend since I started LDL. Been cutting everything by hand, but the next time I'm at the store I going to buy some. I love seasoning blend.
                                                                  Take Care,
                                                                  Charlotte
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

My problem is that my oldest son has made the rounds in Tampa working at all the different restaurants while going to college. He's worked at Applesbee's, Chilie's, Ruby Tuesdays's, etc as a sous chef but without the pay...I've already made up mine to let him do the cooking since I'm not finished until around 8 pm every night when I'm home.. I don't won't to be blamed if something doesn't taste the way it should. I just wish he'd take my uncle's advise...go to culinary school. He's definitely got what it takes to be an awesome Chef.

CQ
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

I don't blame you CQ for letting your son do the cooking. 8 pm is late for me. And him knowing HOW to cook doesn't hurt either.  ;D
                                                                                                                                              Charlotte