substitute for mushroom soup??

All our yummy soup recipes!
yayatrudy

substitute for mushroom soup??

Post by yayatrudy »

I have a recipe called Lynn's Redfish Surprise that is super easy and I love it;;;;however it uses mushroom soup.  I know that is a no-no on ldl I am going to share the recipe with you and hope that someone can tell me what I can use instead of the mushroom soup.

Saute onions, bell pepper and celery until the onions barely starts to brown.  Add fillets of redfish which have been seasoned with a Cajun seasoning mix and garlic powder on top of mixture.
Cover and let it cook a while carefully flip the fish over and cook on the other side,,you  want to keep the fish in large pieces if you can I am never successful with that step. Add a can of mushroom soup and heat through. I don't care for fishy tasting fish and this is great.  Now who can help me with the substitute for mushroom soup,,,I have been thinking of maybe using my overcooked Lima beans as the final step???? Does anyone have any suggestions?
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: substitute for mushroom soup??

Post by wendysgoodnews »

This is what I have used.  I was not as happy with it as the real Cream of Mushroom soup so maybe someone can improve on it,

Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 C. Non fat milk or 1 c. butter beans pureed
1 beef bouillon cube dissolved
1 C canned mushroom, chopped , save liquid
salt & pepper to taste
1 sm onion
1 clove garlic

Directions:
Cook onion & garlic until soft
Put milk, bouillon cube, salt, pettper in blender w/ mushroom juice - mix thoughly and add mushrooms, garlic & onion.
yayatrudy

Re: substitute for mushroom soup??

Post by yayatrudy »

Thanks I will try it.