chicken corn chowder gets cajun (shimp,crab corn chowder)

All our yummy soup recipes!
yayatrudy

chicken corn chowder gets cajun (shimp,crab corn chowder)

Post by yayatrudy »

Here we eat a bisque called shrimp and corn bisque or shrimp and corn soup...alot of people also use crab meat so that being said I am doing a take off of Mary's chicken corn chowder.

Here is the plan
Saute the trinity in a small amount of olive oil1/4 cup   (3 onions, 2 stalks of celery and 1/2 large bell pepper)4 cloves of garlic.  Add one lb of peeled shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Pour in the beans which have been prepared in blender with chicken stock. I have 2 cans lima beans 1 large can creole navy beans and 1 reg. can creole navy beans with 2 1/2 cups broth.
Add some( Cajun seasoning) starting out with a teaspoon a little bit of  liquid crab boil and then add the crab meat. ( I think I have a pint of crab meat maybe a little more) I am using one can cream style corn and one can whole corn.
I am also adding onion tops because my friend who makes this the old way does probably 1/2 cup. I will add bay leaves when I put in the beans too.
I am looking forward to this because the chicken corn chowder by Mary was great so I am hoping for good results..
I will probably double Mary's recipe because I plan on feeding my daughter's family also. Well I am looking at a huge pot of chowder and I think it tastes great...
I will let yall know what the rest of the family says. It is funny how when you want everyone to come over for lunch no one can get away.
Last edited by yayatrudy on December 5th, 2011, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.