THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

All our yummy soup recipes!
niki

Re: THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

Post by niki »

wow,VERY GOOD mary..this is really my fasoulada, blended..i tell people all the time that they can use any type of beans for this basic recipe..i never thought of blending it....this is going to be very good....and although you didn't say it,you can take the braun hand mixer and just stick it in the pot...JUST what i like to do......niki
Last edited by niki on July 12th, 2006, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

hi mary...i am..thank you.....i love all your recipes that use pureed beans.....it's just brilliant and an integral part of the let's do lunch cuisine....for the bean soup lovers,it's a nice change...for a person who has trouble digesting beans in the beginning,it's a great way to get their body used to eating beans....and for people who don't really like beans,it's a nice way of eating beans without the texture that they don't care for........
   as for me,i'm still wallowing in my guilt that i love ALL the let's do lunch foods..i love eating this way and i never get tired of saying that......i'm not on a diet and i've lost 30 pounds..............i will never get over that..........niki       
Last edited by niki on July 25th, 2006, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

i also like to kick this recipe up a notch by adding a can of Rotel chilis and tomatoes. gives it that nice liitle something to open up your sinus!!! Yee haw!!!

you can also use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic if you dont want the fuss. even minced garlic in the jar is great.

rh
Richard Hernandez
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I can't wait to cook this soup......I can't imagine that its better than your pizza soup but we will see!!  If you havent tried Mary's pizza soup.....you are missing a blessing in your tummy!!
ANG
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

OMG!!! i used this recipe only i used Great Northern Beans and the kids could not get enough. My bean hater son ate three bowls of it and even after i told him this was a bean tomato soup he still loved it. talk about filling and satisfying...made a great noon lunch for the whole family as this recipe was quick to cook and easy clean.

rh
Richard Hernandez
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

you laughed? I could not stop giggling as Garret my son kept going back to the stove for another bowl. After he was done with bowl #3 he sat back and took a deep breath,sighed and said" Dad, that was the best soup I ever had...It was so good and I could not stop eating it." I had maybe two cups of the soup left...the next day i took some steamed veggies i had left over and added them to the soup. Needless to say we very few leftovers anymore. Thanks again Roger for being unselfish and so giving of your time and the gift GOD blessed you with.

Richard
Richard Hernandez
maggiemae

Post by maggiemae »

Hi Mary,

I just printed this recipe.  It sounds wonderful and I can't wait to make it.  I'll probably try it over the weekend.  Thank you for sharing it.

Do you have any ideas as to how to cook chicken breast w/out drying it out?  So it tastes just as good the next day?  I'm not creative in the kitchen.  Thanks again.

Maggie
JBL

Post by JBL »

Hi Mary,
This soup sound so good I can't wait to try it. Tomato Soup is one of my confort foods. :D
Thanks,
June
Ms Dee
New, but learning

Post by Ms Dee »

Hi Maggie,
I'm not that creative in the kitchen either but I tried the recipe in the book (copyright) 2003,2005 on page 159 Eli's Chicken Breasts Italian...I made this over the weekend .
I didn't have the stew tomatoes that it calls for so made my own with dice tomatoes, green pepper, green onion, and celery...it came out so good and the chicken was really mosit...can't wait to make it again....
  If you don't have the book here is the recipe:
                  4 boneless, skinless, split chicken breasts
                      salt and pepper
                  14 1/2 oz can stewed tomatoes, Italian style (Del Monte)
                    1 6 oz. jar sliced mushrooms (Green Giant)
                      Fat-free Parmesan cheese (Kraft)

It was so easy to put together....enjoy ....Dee
Julietress
New, but learning

Post by Julietress »

Hello Mary,
I hear  your Birthday is on it's way. So Happy Birthday ,
I wanted to tell you I made your tomato soup last night and it was fabulous! I really was so full after eating it.
Thanks for the Recipe! I will use it as a base for a few other recipes I plan on creating in the future.
I hope you have a Wonderful Birthday too.
Thanks again.
Julie in St. Louie
I can do all things thorugh Christ , which strengtheneth me.