THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

All our yummy soup recipes!
imkay

Re: THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

Post by imkay »

i had some of niki's meatballs leftover and i put them in this soup.  it was great!
i don't even like tomato soup but this stuff is awesome!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oooooh - Kay, what a great idea!  I have Niki's meatballs made into a meatloaf in my fridge - I'll be putting a piece of that in my soup tomorrow for lunch.

I made a double batch of this soup tonight.  YUMMMMM!  (I also made the spinach/artichoke dip & after I ladled my soup into the bowl, I took a big spoonful of the dip & put it into the soup - OHHHH, was it good!)

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I also made this soup a couple of nights ago.  I didn't have any Red Beans...as my "munch-kin" huband had eaten all of them and not replaced them...so I used 1 can of Chili style beans and 1 can of chili beans.  It has a more "kicked-up" flavor. 

I will try it again and use the Red Beans...or perhaps use a Chili Bean and 1 Red Bean.  It was delicious!!!  My husband likes thinks spicy...so it worked well.

Thanks alot, Little Mary!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oh, Yummmmmm!!  What a great idea, Mary!

Carolyn

BigBen

Post by BigBen »

well it's me & U will not believe it from the guy who didnt' used to be a cook except when I put frozen waffles in the toaster.  I can cook lots of stuff now & I made this soup, I think its the best tomato soup I ever had.  What a great idea.  thx, BB
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Way to go, Ben!  We are so proud of you learning to cook.  Now isn't it easier than you first thought?  I "learned" how to cook by "watching" my Mom do stuff.  Her preference was to do it herself, and I got to clean up afterward.  Not always the fun part, but very necesary.  Most people about faint when I say I like to do dishes!!!  I have an idle dishwasher that I might just use over the summer since I am having to help mow the two yards and clean out the other houses flower beds...and it takes me alot of time to do all 7 or 8 of mine!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

BigBen wrote:well it's me & U will not believe it from the guy who didnt' used to be a cook except when I put frozen waffles in the toaster.  I can cook lots of stuff now & I made this soup, I think its the best tomato soup I ever had.  What a great idea.  thx, BB

Way to go Ben!! Now you can send ME some of your good cooking!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Bro Ben,

Are you trying to get promoted to the cooking dept. at the ranch?  If you keep it up, you could be placed in a position of "head of" a dept. of the cooking division.  Keep up the good work, brother Ben.

Jeanne
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

oh no, I forgot U would see this Miss Grammasuz.  I still need U to send me those food packages as soon as U can plz.  I M desprate.  Send them by fedex.  thx,  BB
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

HAHAHAHAHA..........  Ben - you are soooooo cute!!  ;)

Carolyn

vanbro1995
New, but learning

Post by vanbro1995 »

Ok, so do I understand correctly that on LDL, we can eat beans anytime?  I was under the impression that beans counted as protein, as well as eggs counted as protein on other plans.  On LDL, do beans count as a protein or eat them anytime, lunch, dinner or snack?  And, are eggs considered a protein.  On some days in the book 14-day plan, a veggie omelette can be eaten right after your fruit at breakfast, so I am confused.  Then on the flush day, it says eat all the soup you want and a list of things that should not be in it including oil, then it refers to the soup recipes in chapter 9 being acceptable - but, some of them have oil in them.  Are they still acceptable to have as an anytime thing or on a flush day even though they have a small amount of oil?  I made the mushroom soup which has 2-T olive oil in it and I made 8 servings, so 3/4 teaspoon olive oil per bowl of soup.  I ate that today on my flush day.  Is that wrong to eat that soup anytime even on the flush day?
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

BEANS...BEANS.....BEANS......you CAN'T eat too many BEANS....when i was losing, i made vats of homemade bean soup using liberal amounts of olive oil and ate until full......i made big salads including olives, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm and marinated mushrooms......you keep eating until you're full, and you start to only be able to eat less and less..............from there comes "eat more to eat less"................
  THIS is only my opinion......it was 2 years ago that i first learned about let's do lunch......i have NEVER done the soup and fruit flush.....when i first found let's do lunch, it was like a food revelation  to me...i was just SO happy that i could eat all this food and slowly but surely lose weight so that i got so thin that i bought a size 8 suit from macy's that i would have only fit in 20 years ago....if i go off and i want to go back on, i NEED that protein to help get my blood sugars stabilized.....i believe that the idea behind the soup and fruit flush is that when you reach a time that you're not losing(and that's down the line, not where you are now), you're not particularly hungry ANYWAY because let's do lunch is in progress, and you eat that way to get yourself past that plateau.....if you're a little bad in what you've eaten out, what you should do is NOT go home and NOT eat....it's, go home and eat a big bowl of bean soup..and now when you're first getting started, the thing is to eat ALL that you're allowed to eat AT THE RIGHT TIME............niki     
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gene

Post by Gene »

Little Mary,

Your soup sounds great, yes I have a hand held blender, which I use a lot.
I would like to have the recipe for your black bean soup, (made IN TEXAS)
so time )wjen you have timeno hurry_ it was the ONLY black bean soup I have ever liked.
GTEAT.

ICL,

Gene

I like all beans, except black beans, but your soup changed my taste buds, I like them now.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Gene wrote:I like all beans, except black beans, but your soup changed my taste buds, I like them now.

Gene, That's so great to hear!  I've always been amazed that when I've tried something as an adult that i didn't like as a kid, and found out that my tastes changed... ;D

Can you imagine - I used to hate mushrooms!

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Does this mean maybe Gene is ready to retry....Do I dare say it....
GARLIC?? To see if he might just possibly LIKE IT? I mean if he tries black beans, which previously he disliked, maybe just maybe...he might start to like Garlic too??
LOL!! Just funnin w/ you Gene... I still hate/detest mushrooms and fish so if you don't like/want garlic I understand!!