THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

All our yummy soup recipes!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

Post by barrypaxton »

I made this tomato soup today and took it to Phyllia. She loved it!! I knew it would be a hit!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Am going to try this myself Mary.. I do not like beans that much but they will be concealed with by the tomato and of course the basil:)  thanks
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

this sounds awesome Mary, thanks
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Oh I'm so glad y'all brought this back up!  This soup is FABULOUS!!!  I will have to make it again soon.  Mary you are SUCH a blessing that I have no words.  Love you so much.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Y'all are making me really hungry!
Can someone please tell me where the nearest LDL restaurant or Carry-out is in Tacoma????. Oh ya and you drive me there too? I'm sorta on foot.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi All,
    Love tomato,so when we have a lot of summer tomatoes  guess what I make the tomato soup and can it in quart jars. Now I have the goodness of summer tomatoes using this yummy recipe. I make enough to last till next season. Hmmmm sometimes I run out so I have a great produce man who finds the best tomatoes at the best price and just make some more. So nice to see my shelf full of summer goodness.
                      Judie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Oh Mary, you are such a doll!
Im enjoying your soup in my dreams.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Singforjesusmichele

Post by Singforjesusmichele »

;Dsoooooo I can do this with broccoli too couldn't I? Make creamy broccoli  soup? Wow! How amazing and genius idea is that! Gold star for you Mary and ten extra human points! Wow....me likely..aloha from Hawaii.....btw.....is organic honey ok to use in my coffee? Like 1/2 teaspoon? Just wondering.... God is so sweet to all of us to let us know each other.........aloha, Michele
Michele
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Unfortunately, honey is not recommended as it is a form of fructose and will spike blood sugar and cravings. Unfortunately the healthiest no-cal sweetner (Stevia) is horrid in coffee but is fine in hot or cold tea.

That being said, I could not give up my coffee or sugar starting out so I used some organic sugar in mine and lost for a while. Then after a very long stall, hubby convinced me I could learn to like the coffee w/o the sweetner, so I did.
It really depends how much coffee you drink. One or two cups and not having any cravings, you may be good to go. I drink way more than a few cups so in order to enjoy more whole fruit, the sugar eventually had to go.

Hope this helps.....
Linda

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Wow!! This soup is great!! I put some Italian spices and a dash of smokey paprika in it. I used pinto beans I cooked myself and estimated 2 cans. I'm sure it will even be better tomorrow. I was just going to taste it but before I knew it I had filled a teacup with it. It looks like a gormet tomato soup. (not the generic I usually get.) I'm taking some to the hosp. tomorrow for Linda and my DD, Gina. Not too much because I want some tomorrow, probably for lunch cuz I don't think I can wait for dinner.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Girl I hear you! The first time I made this soup I was awestruck! It's my go to soup in the winter. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :D Thank you again Mary! *HUGS*

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by MsHeirloom »

Oh, Mary! it's so good to "see" you again. Welcome back. How are you and your family, especially Harrison?
Pam
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Mary- This is fabulous news! I understand how you feel about your child recovering from a serious illness. What a wonderful blessing. We've missed you and look forward to hearing from you more in the near future. Ten years! Congratulations!!! @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- @};-
Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

So glad to hear about Harrison. Ten years! Congratulations. LDL changed my eating forever. It's great having you back on the boards. :ymhug: jf
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Hey Mary, so glad that you are back. I have been wondering about Harrison as well. What great news! :)