[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Little Mary,

DONT YOU DARE.......

GENE

i DID ENJOY THE BLACK BEAN SOUP AND THE FRESH SALMON. i STILL WANT THE RECIPES WHEN YOU GET TIME

Profile Send private message  

:D
I just tried this soup, actually fried the onions, and garlic, but I used fire roasted with garlic diced tomatoes (no nasties in their ings) blended the beans and water up in my Vita Mix (oh.. am I glad I bought that one several years ago) threw the cooked vegs in and blended the whole thing up..adding very little salt and pepper and basil.  It was hot from the onions, and of course in the VMix it was hot in seconds, no need to heat it on the stove and as it was 96 here yesterday that was a blessing... Thanks again Mary it was delicious.
PS (All I had was kidney beans in the red variety).

I'm glad you liked it, Valia, and aren't you lucky to have a Vita-Mix blender?  They make the quickest smoothest soups.  I've been trying to get my dear friend Anita's husband to buy her one for AGES, because there's nothing else like a Vita-Mix.

Anyhow, your variation sounds great, and we're so happy to have you here with us on the Let's Do Lunch boards.  Welcome to our family.  Happy Eating!

Little Mary

YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMY or in German Lecker !!!! i made this soup today and i really liked it.
I was so amazed that i just could eat 1 cup of it and i was feeling full.. Usually i can eat "soup" gallonwise..lol
:thumbsup:

Hi Shawnee,

I'm glad you liked it.  All of the soups with beans in them will make you feel full for a long time and will help you lose weight.

Happy eating!

Little Mary

sounds delicious!  :D I'm gonna make this tonight! yum!

This was WAY VERY DELICIOUS!! Although I changed mine up a bit...I was in a bit of a hurry so i wouldn't be late for church.
I used the red beans,diced tomato,all sorts of vegetables & mushrooms! It was Very delicious! I also added just about every season I could to it! I love season!  :) I had 1 bowl and a smoothie before church then came back and had 2 more bowls full! I'm so thankful for this boards!  :D Even after all this time of knowing about LDL it is still hard to fathom that I can eat as much as I want as long as I eat the right foods!! The soup almost tasted too good to be true..lol!

Well thanks everyone! I know I'll stick with it this time.
The last few times I didn't have long success because I wasn't adding enough variety!

I'm soo excited!! :D
Thanks everyone for your support!!

Have the tomato soup simmering on the stove right now,needed something new to try for tomorrow as I'm doing the soup and fruit flush.I am having the taco soup for lunch today.GOSH I love this ldl,to think how many diets I have tried and how much MONEY I have spent on different products(ya never know,one of them might have worked! ;)LOL)
Can't say it enough,THANKS ROGER.

Hugzzz
Rodie :)

I made this soup today. Talk about delicious. I used fresh basil in it. I also topped it with popped popcorn.

If you haven't tried this recipe, it's a must try. I plan on making it again soon!!!

Happy eating,
Ollie

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

I've never made it, but plan to make it soon.  It is bookmarked.  Ollie, You looked sooo small this evening.  What a difference in one month!!!  I enjoyed the salad, sauce, and meat balls.  Gave my bread and cake away. I ate some grapes when I came home--Watching Monday Night Football---good game.  :thumbsup: JF

I'm jumping in on this thread kinda late, but for newbies and/or folks that haven't made this soup yet: DO NOT MISS IT! This soup is so warming, filling, and yummy, yummy, yummy. It has been a favorite at our house from my first days on LDL. And it just could NOT be easier to prepare! I use a deep soup kettle when I make this soup (even when I don't double the recipe) so it is so easy to use the immersion blender for the recipe...just be careful, because that's hot stuff you're blending, kids....don't want anyone to get burned!

southernyankee

JF,
I ate 2 salads (minus the cheese), the meat sauce, and the meatballs and I had a small banana ice cream when I got home. I bought some broccoli slaw today and I'm going to do my own spaghetti the LDL way.

Southernyankee,
I did not blend the hot soup, just blended the beans and water and added them to the hot soup. My SIL is coming to visit for a few days and she wants me to make this while she is here. ( I think it's because I was singing this soup's praises when I talked to her.)

Happy eating everyone!!
Ollie

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

Last edited by barrypaxton on , edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Tender Chicken Breasts

I like "juicy" chicken...sometimes I'll put tenders or boneless breasts in a pan on top of the stove
ADD a couple bay leaves and chicken bouillon & enough water to cover...Simmer COVERED about 25-30 minutes covered...I love this...meat is so tender & good!  I save the broth & add to soups or beans!
I found this on LDL from 2006.

Psalm 118:24

Wauquin,
If you like juicy chicken, try Wendy's Tropical Pineapple Chicken. You won't have to use bouillon (has MSG) and I made it without the Splenda and it was delish!

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

This sounds good.  I'm going to try it this week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next