QUESTION ABOUT BLENDING/PUREEING Soups

All our yummy soup recipes!
CathyK817
New, but learning

QUESTION ABOUT BLENDING/PUREEING Soups

Post by CathyK817 »

I have a tendency to like my soups chunky and am not really into the pureed soup thing.  Is there a particular reason why most of the soup recipes call for pureeing or would it be ok to leave some as a chunky soup with the whole beans? 
Last edited by Queenie on August 11th, 2008, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Re: QUESTION ABOUT BLENDING/PUREEING

Post by niki »

hi cathy.......only a few soups actually are pureed....and the idea of that is to give you the feeling of cream soups..i love all soups so i make all kinds.......check my recipe for greek bean soup....it's an easy bean soup and you can make it using any kind of beans you like.....i posted a recipe for lentil soup also...and i use the same basic recipe to make bean soup with all different kinds of dried beans....i buy different bagged beans(i especially like black beans)and mix them in my big pot...soak them overnight...then simmer them the next day...the trick to really tasty bean soup is to use a lot of vegetables and saute them in olive oil separately and then add them to the pot of simmering bean.....i like loads of spices...oregano..cumin..crushed red pepper...sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.....
  and as far as plateauing goes,i posted "gauge your losses"to remind everyone that it's not what you ate the week you noticed a loss.....take that loss for the whole time since you lost last...............
  sure...you have no stress because you're not on a diet...there's nothing like this program.....it's been a new lease on life for me...i had even posted how i used to dream that i was eating my favorite foods when i was on a diet and when i dreamt that,i would know that my diet was coming to an end....NOW,i dream that i'm dishing out my favorite junk foods to OTHER PEOPLE.....this is a great way to eat......BUT,you already know that,don't you?...niki