Knock you socks off simple soup.

All our yummy soup recipes!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Knock you socks off simple soup.

Post by LittlePrincess »

I made this soup yesterday and I had it for breakfast this morning. It's super simple and tastes fabo to me. :D

1 onion sliced and sauteed until brown and very tender. (Salt and Pepper added)

1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can black beans drained and rinsed well
1/2 bag mixed veggies (I used the kind with carrots, corn, green beans & lima beans.)
1 cup chicken broth
Season All Salt
Black Pepper

While you saute your onions add all of the other ingredients to your soup pot. Simmer them on low heat. It is very important that you cook your onions until they caramelize. It will bring out the sweetness of them. When they are done add them to the soup. Simmer for about 10 minutes and you're done! This soup is even better the next day. I hope you enjoy.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Re: Knock you socks off simple soup.

Post by jencita »

Thanks for sharing. This sounds very simple. I plan to do a soup fast just for the weekend. I have been getting off track again and my pants are tight - yuck! X(
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Jencita,

Don't beat yourself up. I think sometimes we forget that we are NOT on a diet with LDL but it is a new way of eating and a new way of eating. Someone said once that LDL is not a diet but a liveit! I loved that. :D Anyway, the point I am making is that we are going to be eating LDL for the rest of our lives. Therefore, we have to realize as humans that we will falter sometimes. However, that doesn't mean we go into the "oh well I messed up so I may as well forget it all!" kind of thinking. We have to learn to tell ourselves, "Well that wasn't the best choice. I sure am glad I can get right back on track my next meal!"

LDL WORKS! :) And it works even when we are not perfect. The best we can do is strive to be perfect and forgive ourselves when we are not. I'm so blessed that Roger was obedient and shared this program with the world. He may never know how many lives he has not only changed, but actually saved.

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by jencita »

Beautifully said LP. I do feel like a failure. I shared this diet with a friend of mine. She wanted to get back into her size 2 jeans - and she did with this diet - she lost 20 pounds. Of course I am very happy for her but it makes me feel like such a failure. I would love to be in size 14 jeans again LOL. I just have to get right back up and keep trying - thanks for the words of encouragement!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Jencita,

Believe me when I tell you that I know how you feel. I lost 85 pounds on LDL. Then my sister died, my 14 year old heart dog died, a good friend died, I lost my job and my husband asked for a divorce. All in one year. I turned back to eating crap to numb myself. It worked for awhile but guess what? I gained all of that weight back and then some and when I came out of the depression I still had to process all of that loss and pain AND I am now having to get rid of the weight again. But the thing is, I AM STILL HERE TRYING! :D So when the devil tells you that you are a failure just shove an banana in his mouth and tell him to shut up!

I PROMISE you that if you just keep eating LDL that you will get back into your 14 jeans. You may even get into a smaller size! :) I think it was little Mary who shared that she thought she was as small as she was going to get when she hit her goal. But, because she ate LDL she just kept losing. Her idea of goal and God's idea of her perfect weight were two different things.

And if it makes you feel any better, I have about 250 pounds to lose. I'm only 5 feet tall too! So just keep posting when you feel down and keep posting when you feel up! It's all part of the journey and the process. I can't tell you how many times the loving words of other members here have helped me. We will be here for you too. *HUGS*

Blessed and Loved,
LP

P.S. I'm about to post in your pancake thread again too. hehe

Post by jencita »

Oh LP what a horrible year you had. I can see why you gained the weight back because you are probably an emotional eater like I am. I do believe this WOE is a blessing from God and the support on the boards have been awesome! Yes we will fall but we have to pick right back up. You are an inspiration! I am so glad you like the pancakes - I really love them!! Hugs!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

It was a horrible year. And honestly the years that followed were horrible too. I was so lost and depressed. But God never let me go and now I'm back to my old self only better. I've grown so much as a person and I'm starting to find my own voice. It's crazy that it took me 51 years isn't it?

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by jencita »

I am so glad you are healed - and yes it can take that long - all in God's own time. But always remember that everything happens for a reason. You probably positively influenced many lives along the way. I enjoy your positive posts here - especially your humor. I am also 51 - haha we have that in common. :-$
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have all the ingredients so will make this tomorrow for dindin. May add some onion seasoning mix. I love the onion, celery and pepper mix. I am loving my smoothies too. You are doing great Little Princess, remember that we are "Livin Da Life" I couldn't think of anything else for LDL.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

LP, jencita and Oma, You gals just knock my socks off!! THANK YOU..I was just feeling a little "blaugh" so glad I clicked on this post first. I wish I could just pull my heart out of my chest right now, so you could see how joyful the beat is. I am truly inspired to stay on the LDL program. Since I have done so well the past month, I WAS tempted to just cook my Mom's potato soup. Which was something she always did for us as kids, when we were sick or it was chilly outside..We loved it and it was always something she had the ingredients for in the house for...Now, I am on my way to make Corn Chowder in the book...No potatoes needed here. I have your post as a favorite "comfort" food. I'll just eat it all up!
LP, I make your soup all the time! It's in my freezer. when I don't feel like "soup" I just drain the broth ( save it) and eat it like it's a "stew" adding more beans sometimes too, or chicken if it's my "dinner" time, which is my lunch time!!...
The first time I started this program was over a year ago. It was short lived. I stopped coming to this web site..That was a BIG mistake. But, I am not living in the past, I am getting on with the getting off...I will continue to be a a "looky Lou" on some days..My energy is up and I just feel like dancing. so I am going too..Enjoy your day the LDL way.. :ymhug: :ymhug: :x
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Zesti I'm so glad you are enjoying the soup. LDL is all about making food work for you! :)

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Zesti »

LP,
I know, now I never want to leave the kitchen! with this WOE I don't feel like I am restricting myself at all! It seems on some days all I do is eat, and I still lose wight. Gotta love that!
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I'm with Zesti, eat, pray and love, maybe not in that order, but I feel like "pretty woman", move over Julia Roberts!! I had a terrible problem of not wanting to throw any clothes out, But now that the larger sizes don't fit, I have no problem at all getting rid of them. Some I waited too long to try on and they don't fit me--too big!! Life is good.
I finally made your soup. It was great. Next time I'll give the tomatoes a whirr in the Ninja, the cheaper brands of tomatoes I get have some large pieces of tomato. I didn't have a can of blackbeans so I mashed up a partially drained can of pinto beans, and added the left over bean salad. The soup was colorful and tasty.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Lp..I just wanted to bring this recipe you posted earlier, to the forefront again..in case "newbies" are just reading instead of searching all the "boards" like me!
It is a STAPLE in my diet and in my life! Whether or not someone has family to cook for or not. It's a good thing..to tired to cook? take it out of the freezer and ZAP in the microwave and dinner is done. Baking a cake for someone else? I eat this first. So, during the process I am temped to "taste the batter or lick the bowl anymore"...Life changing moment for me!
I make this ahead and freeze. And sometimes I use veggie broth instead of chicken. At a moments notice, I get it out of the freezer, cook some meat for DH's dinner, or he does, but first,. I use a big spoon with holes in it for me, and it becomes a "veggie chowder" for me. DH likes like extra broth in everything.. also, at the end of the week. I clean out my fridge adding more bits and pieces of leftover veggies...YUMMY!
LDL is just what you say" Make it work for you (me) the family..
Thanks again for posting it. Sometimes, I over look the simple things. Over thinking things #-o this is just me giving myself the V8 slap BEFORE I need it. I eat the chowder and don't need the V8* slap of regret!!

1 onion sliced and sauteed until brown and very tender. (Salt and Pepper added)
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 can black beans drained and rinsed well
1/2 bag mixed veggies (I used the kind with carrots, corn, green beans & lima beans.)
1 cup chicken broth
Season All Salt
Black Pepper

While you saute your onions add all of the other ingredients to your soup pot. Simmer them on low heat. It is very important that you cook your onions until they caramelize. It will bring out the sweetness of them. When they are done add them to the soup. Simmer for about 10 minutes and you're done! This soup is even better the next day. I hope you enjoy.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Thanks again for you wisdom of input :-*
Zesti
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Zesti you are so sweet! I'm so glad you are enjoying it so much. Have you tried any of Little Mary's soup recipes? Her tomato soup is my absolute FAVORITE soup in the winter. It's warm and filling and my body just says thank you every time I eat it. :) If you like mushrooms you have to try her pureed wild mushroom soup! I like pieces in mine so I always cook extra shrooms in another pan and add after the other has been pureed. You can also use regular buttons or portabella if you can't find some of the wild mushrooms. And her Pizza soup...Oh.My.GOODNESS!!! SRSLY! Try them. LOL!

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by brittanynicole »

Thank you for this great soup. I spent less than $5 getting the ingredients for it and it tastes wonderful. I have forgot how easy this woe is. I am so excited and I feel just great. This is my Day 3 of eating this way. It usually takes me a while to fall asleep at night, and I don't know if it has anything to do with LDL (but it probably does :)) Almost as soon as I layed in bed last night I was right to sleep. I am feeling amazing and not one bit hungry!! yay!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I'm so glad you liked it hon. I am on a budget too so I hear ya about the money! LOL Great to see you posting. *HUGS*

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by brittanynicole »

Thank you little princess :) :)
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

LP,
I love this thread. I love it when we share with each other of the heart. You just touch my heart, that's all. Thank you..
I have to go make a huge pot of "the Heart Soup" it's what I am calling it. I just think of you whenever I eat it and of others on the boards and say little prayers. How one can touch someone else's life without even being aware of what they did. And, for it to be so positive, is just AWESOME!!!
I am due a "fast" day, which for me is just veggies and fruits and a jug of good water. So, I will be adding veggie broth instead of chicken.
I LOVE Mary's tomato soup. I keep saying I am going to make the pizza and taco soup, but haven't yet.
Maybe it's a good thing. I haven't craved pizza. I use my corn thins for taco's and pizza if I want it.
I don't put the cheese on it, just because I don't want it. I use mushrooms, beans, black olives and ice berg lettuce. I warm everything up, yes, even the lettuce. I love warm iceberg, I know. My DH thinks I am weird..LOL!
I grilled a portabello for the 4th, now I just can't get enough. I want them morning noon and night! that's ok with me!!
Britanynicole:
to make your smoothies go a little further add beans to them. Little at first, I do this. I am very budget wise. Not only are they more filling, last longer, but they help me to save on my fruit budget...It's another way to get veggies in your diet without even tasting them.
Omalani adds alot of veggie to her smoothies. Take a look at her food journal. It's inspirational!
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Thank you Zesti, Pam, Little Princess, Linda, Crickadoodle, Michele from Hawaii and so many of you who have helped me with recipes, humor and the tools to survive with positive attitudes. We have a mutual admiration society!! :-* :ymhug: I have gleened so much from those who are active and inactive on the boards. Your witness will stand even after you are gone. A big thank you to Roger and the admin. team, couldn't do it without you. Livin' LDL and life is good.