Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Soup

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, I'll have to check the appliance departments at the stores.  Sounds great to me.  Joyful Friend
vleller

Post by vleller »

After reading an old post where Niki & Mary were discussing their favorite kitchen "toys", I tried to find their Braun Immersion blender.  Alas, they don't make that model anymore.  But I wasn't to be defeated.  I found a site that compared immersion blenders and found my Kitchenaid Immersion Blender on Amazon for a bit over $80.  I totally love this toy!!  It's not too heavy, has a powerful enough motor to do any job, came with extra goodies, . . . Had great comments from others.  It purees everything right in the pot - no mess, easy clean-up!!  And it leaves my blender clean for my smoothies.  And it's fun to use.

Thanks Mary & Niki for discussing your 4 favorite toys!

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn
blessed4service
New, but learning

Post by blessed4service »

I will be trying this recipe this weekend.  South Florida is getting a "cold front" this weekend, which translates to some rain & temperature fall if about 5 degrees!! :laughing:  But I love soup anytime.  Will everyone pray that I can purchase a immersion blender before my thumb & forefinger is a black and blue hue from mashing with a fork?  A girl will do what she has to do, :happy: as long as the pounds keep dropping!
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Blessed4service,

Do you have a blender...that's the way I made my first few creamy soups before I caught on to the fact that the immersion blender would be easier.  A regular blender would certainly be easier than a fork.

Blessings,
Julie
blessed4service
New, but learning

:rolleyes: Thanks, Julie, for the suggestion, but "no", to your question.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wouldn't a potato masher work?  Pam
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yes, a potato masher works. the only problem is it is WORK!
lol
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Help!  Will this soup fit in a 4-qt. Pot?  That's the largest I have.  Or do I need to cut the recipe in half?

Thanks,
*hug*
Ginny
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Ginny
The largest thing is the head of cauliflower, and 1 qt of water or broth. I haven't made it myself but I don't see any reason this wouldn't fit in a 4 qt pot.
NJ
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Thanks, NJ.  I took a chance and it all fit with 1-1/2 inches to spare!  *woot*  And glad I did.  It was SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD !  :D  It has become my most favorite so far.  :D  I'm thinking of using it as a Cream Soup Base to add:  frozen mixed veggies, corn & chicken, chipped beef (creamed chipped beef is one of my favorites -- don't like the bisquit, just the creamed stuff), mashed peas, or anything else I can think of to put in it.  ;D

*hug*

Ginny
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ginny, I love it.  I creamed the cauliflower and put chunks of cooked broccoli in it.  It was better than the regular creamy(half and half) broccoli soup I used to make.  I already have a head of cauliflower, ready to make more this week.  I have fresh broccoli.  Make some with it.  It would be good to add chipped beef.  So many ideas.  Thanks, Joyful Friend
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

Just made this soup, WOW!  It's great and will for sure be a winter staple in my menus.  I like to add a couple drops of Tabasco sauce to each bowl just for a little kick!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
blessed4service
New, but learning

Please, explain the chipped beef. Is that like corned beef, without fat?  where do you buy it?

Martha
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Martha,

Chipped beef is not at all like corned beef.  It is a deli thin sliced smoked, chopped, pressed beef.  It's almost a dried beef.  I have Buddig, The Original Deli Thin Beef Smoked, Chopped, Pressed.  You cut it up into 1-inch pieces and usually it is put on toast or a bisquit (like sausage gravy, but you use the beef instead of sausage).  It's not something to eat a lot of or often because it has nitrites like lunch meat (ask the Food Police), so for LDL it is a No-No.

*hug*
Ginny
blessed4service
New, but learning

Thank you, Ginny, for the thorough info on chipped beef.  It sounds good, but not willing to try it now!!*scyth*

:rose:Martha
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Martha, I tried it with chipped beef the other day.  As much as I like chipped beef with the white bean (sauce), the chipped beef was soooooo Salty!  :'(  As much as I like salt, I never thought I would ever say that something was tooo salty!  But after using Sea Salt, it really was way to salty . . . so another favorite bites the dust  :D  :'(  :D  (I'm both happy and sad about this).

*hug*
Ginny
malmq

Post by malmq »

I had some ff ricotta cheese left over from my zucchini lasagna, so, in it went.    I put it in a small bowl first just to make sure it would work.....  Voila!!!!

Waist not, want not I always say  :)