Creamy Cauliflower Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

Post by VickiLynn »

My neighbor brought this soup over last night for me to try and also the recipe. It was so good that I just had to post it. The recipe sounds long but is quite quick to make.

Creamy Cauliflower Soup

1 head cauliflower (2 pounds)
8 tablespoons of approved LDL butter substitute
1 leek, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise, sliced thin, and washed thoroughly
1 small onion, halved and sliced thin
Salt and pepper
4-1/2 - 5 cups water
1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar (can substitute with white wine vinegar)
3 tablespoons minced fresh chives

Pull off outer leaves of cauliflower and trim stem. Be sure to thoroughly trim core of green leaves and leaf stems, which can be fibrous and contribute to a grainy texture in the soup. Using a paring knife, cut around core to remove; thinly slice core and reserve. Cut remaining cauliflower crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.

Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leak, onion, and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt; cook, stirring frequently, until leek and onion are softened but not browned, about 7 minutes.

Increase heat to medium-high; add 4-1/2 cups water, sliced core, and half of sliced cauliflower; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add remaining sliced cauliflower, return to simmer, and continue to cook until cauliflower is tender and crumbles easily, 15 to 20 minutes longer.

Process soup in blender until smooth, about 45 seconds. Rinse out pan. Pour pureed soup into pan and return to simmer over medium heat, adjusting consistency with remaining water as needed (soup should have a thick, velvety texture but be thin enough to settle with a flat surface after being stirred). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Last edited by VickiLynn on September 27th, 2013, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Creamy Cauliflower Soup

Post by LittlePrincess »

This sounds delish! :D Thank you for posting!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.