bone broth

All our yummy soup recipes!
crickadoodle
Master Member

bone broth

Post by crickadoodle »

Has anyone tried making bone broth? I have been making it for a couple of months now and I drink a cup each morning. You are supposed to use grass fed beef bones, or chicken and even fish or lamb. I love the beef. You roast the bones for several hours in a 250 or 300° oven. I do 4-6 hours. Then you put them in a large stock pot on the stove with water, 2 tablespoons of acv, an onion, carrot, and celery. You actually simmer over a low heat for 48 hours. Really simple, just takes long. It gets all the good minerals, collagen, gelatin and other beneficial things from the bones and cartilage.

The bone broth is so healthy. It strengthens connective tissue and is good for your joints, skin, hair, nails and so much. Oh, it is supposed to lessen cellulite. Because of the gelatin, it is supposed to help leaky gut, as the gelatin acts as spackeling to fill in the holes.

Well, I noticed something that I didn't read about in its benefits. I have some spider veins on my calves that have truly been lessened significantly.

The meat market I get my bones from is closed for their yearly time off. I drank my last broth yesterday. As soon as I get more bones, you better believe I'll be making another batch!! It tastes great too! One batch lasts me about 2 weeks, I guess. You could use it in soups and cooking of course. I just drink it, though, to make sure I get it daily.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: bone broth

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sounds interesting!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Hi Crick,

Yes, I have been doing it for years and didn't even know how good it was for me! My Mom always said, "chicken broth isn't any good until it gels" so I have always made my chicken broth this way, just recently started using the beef bones too. I roast my bones and veggies then put in my in crock pot and let them cook for 2 days.
I don't know if it's all in my head, but! I swear my back is so much better because of it.

Zesti
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Exactly, Zesti!!! It helps with joint pain and all kinds of things. Supposed to help wrinkles too! Your mom was right about the gelatin. I think if you cook it at too high a temperature it won't have gelatin.

So glad someone else has tried it!!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

This sounds really awesome! I can especially see me enjoying this during the cold winter months. :D Thanks Crick!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Zesti »

Yes, simmering is the key. The longer the better. Simmering "sucks" all the good flavor and marrow from the bone. Yummy!
Zesti