Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup

Post by Queenie »

Yes, Kay - After we had this for dinner, there was just enough for John and I to each take a bowl for lunch.  As I was cleaning up that evening, I wrote in big letters at the top of the recipe - "DOUBLE THIS RECIPE"  "EXCELLENT!!"

Now I have to buy more garlic - I have one head, but I'll need two to double this...  Yum, yum, yum!!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
imkay

Post by imkay »

and carolyn didn't you find it was so super easy to make? i prepped everything while the garlic was roasting.  can't wait to make it again!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yes, Yes... VERY easy to make.  I can't wait to make it again either...

Carolyn

Rhea

Post by Rhea »

D'ya think I LIVE in my kitchen, or something, Little Mary? You're certainly doing your best to keep me there at the moment!  Very happily, I might say. Yes, this is another one that I just can't wait to try. Thanks so much, I'll let you know how it goes -- it's on my 'to do' list!

Rhea
zNekita

Post by zNekita »

Good Morning All!

I have to say I was extremely skeptical about this soup because I absolutely do not like spinach. My husband loves it, so after putting it off as long as I could, I made it Sunday. ..YUMMY!!! I don't know what I would do without all the great recipes on this board!

I also did not like to cook much...now I'm always in the kitchen trying another great recipe!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Sue Bee
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me
                   Wish You Were Here - Mark Harris
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Mary,
I was wondering..we can buy chopped "fresh" garlic in jars and containers at the store; could we buy a whole bunch of garlic and roast all of it at one time and store it in the fridge so we don't have to roast each individual bulb each  time we make Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup (of which I have a container in my fridge right now)?  Would it stay fresh long enough?  Also, I have a BIG jar of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil in my fridge.  Can I rinse this and puree it and add to tomato soups, sauces, etc.? I was thinking of spreading roasted garlic on corn  thins and putting a thin layer of sun dried puree on top .  Thanks for any help.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Yummy, Miss Mary!  That does truly sound teriffic!  I hope we still have some of the sun-dried tomatoes on the shelf so that I can try this.  Need to finish my Creamy Garlic soup tonight.  DH says he is NOT going to eat it...as it has fresh spinach in it.  I told him I was going to pray over it as always and trust the Lord to not let any harm come to me through it!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Amy Miller

Post by Amy Miller »

Hi All!

I am new to LDL, but it seems to me that Mary's Roasted Garlic would be wonderful when added to Bill's Mashed Botatoes!  What a wonderful treat!

I watch these boards often to see how everyone is doing.  It helps me to keep on track.  I have been on LDL for about 5 weeks now and am shrinking!  My husband is notching up his belt and his shirts are getting larger, too!  We love this way of living!  Praise the Lord for Roger!  Thank you for the recipes, Mary!  I'll let you know how we proceed. 

Amy
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

WELCOME to LDL, AMY!  We are so glad you found us.  Glad to hear that you and dh are having great success on LDL!  It is truly an awesome eating plan.  I love it too!

Keep on keeping on...on LDL and you will continue to shrink and shrink and shrink!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
itsmimi

Post by itsmimi »

Thanks for this great recipe.  This soup is awesome.

Mimi
Bonnie4
New, but learning

Post by Bonnie4 »

This soup sounds great. I love all the fresh vegtables that you can have. This recipe is really different.

Thanks !
Best Wishes and God Bless !
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

The funny thing about this soup is that it really doesn't taste that garlicky... the garlic just gives it a very mellow flavour and creamy texture. I tried it again only the other day, and I was struck by how mild it is -- yet very very tasty.

Definitely worth a try by anyone!

Rhea
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Rhea is absolutely right - the one and only thing I would suggest is to DOUBLE the recipe - it's THAT good!!

Carolyn

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Bringing this to the top for the newbies and because of the request for a spinach soup.  Our family calls this one "spinach soup" and we love it!

Blessings,
Julie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Julie, I use to buy one or two heads of garlic that would last me a month or more.  I seldom remembered to use it 'cause I was raised on the dried powder.

Since starting Let's Do Lunch, I buy 2 or 3 pounds of it every time I go to the store and use it up in all the beans & soups I cook.  I asked for a garlic press as a wedding present back in the '80's when Neil & I got married & was given a garlic-lover's handbook put out by the LSR society (Lovers of the Stinking Rose)  LOL.  True story.  I wish I could find the book.  I've been looking for it lately.  When I turns up I will share some garlic history & lore.  And of course, some great garlic recipes.  I found a book online (used) for $1.99 that I suspect might be it.  If I don't find my copy soon I may buy it.

In the meantime, here are a few garlic recipes to get us started:  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=garlic+recipes

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
murray123

Post by murray123 »

Mary,  you need to reevaluate your recipe.  By putting that it makes 6-8 bowls makes my family think that I will share it!!  Not happening, they can make their own.
By the way,  your recipes are fabulous.  I have tried 4 of them and they are all great.  They are especially good for the culinary challenged like myself.