Leek & Butternut Squash Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
itsmimi

Re: Leek & Butternut Squash Soup

Post by itsmimi »

Yum this looks good.  I have had pureed butternut squash bisque before but it didn't have leeks or beans.  I love the sneaky way you add those important beans to these soups. 

Mimi
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Little Miss Mary,

Here's another good sounding recipe.  We all appreciate ALL the time and recipes that you have gotten for us.  You are such a blessing to the rest of us on LDL!  Keep up the good work!  Thanks for helping us to...keep on keeping on...on LDL with all the great new (sneaky bean) recipes!!!

God bless you!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Mary - I agree with Mimi & Jeanne - this sounds great!  I can't wait to try it....  I bought some cilantro yesterday and now I can't remember what for - I think it was a soup, but I'm not even sure about that!!  LOL!!  ... guess I'd better get searching.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Mary,
      We had this for supper tonite even though it was warm and sunny not chilly. It sure was yummy. Ralph said it was really good and I should make it again, He had popcorn in his. You got a winner! Kris was making it tonite also we will have to wait and see if she likes it.    Judie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I'll have to try this.  I love "creamy" soups.  I made Mary's Chorizo Frittata for lunch.  Oh, Boy! I think I'll crank up the seasonings next time I make it.  My taste buds are as old as I am and need a little help.  Thanks, Mary, for all the great recipes.  I was bragging about you to a friend today.  I'm trying to get her interested in LDL. 

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Mary.
      Today I made the squash soup you posted. I made a couple changes just for something different. I added 3 cups of unsweetened apple juice and 1 tsp of powdered ginger all else was the same. Turned out really good.
        Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Mary,
  Cold outside! Warm inside.  Yep the soup was great. Katie said it tasted odd and would not have any. Shes goofy. It sure doesn't last long around here.
                                Judie