Luscious Pumpkin, Tomato & Basil Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
LovinLDL

Re: Luscious Pumpkin, Tomato & Basil Soup

Post by LovinLDL »

The boys and dh are camping Friday night (on our beautiful, fall colored 20 acres of hill country) and me and the girls are making pumpkin soup and stew...going to double both recipes for freezing.  If I know your recipes, we have found a new fall tradition:-)

Thanks Little Mary!
Julie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Mary,
Is it thin like the israeli chick pea soup?  If it is it would probably be good in a commuter cup like I drink the chick pea soup sort of like the campbells soup to go they were selling only much tastier.  It makes a GREAT on the go lunch when Im driving and picking up kids.  And keeps me full all day long or takes the edge off dinner if I have a cup before I eat dinner or lunch and you dont have to sit with the bowl and spoon you just put it in a coffee cup with a lid and sip and GO.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on November 5th, 2008, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Okay Im late to the party here on this soup....did you say we could make it with canned pumpkin as well as fresh?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Mary...I use the powdered Bullion. How much do you think would be equivalent to bullion cubes? 1 tbsp per cube?
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

[glow=red,2,300]Debbie -- I have really missed you ! ! ! [/glow]
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

AWWWWW GWENNIE!!!!!  YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT....I LOVE AND MISS YOU TOO!!!!! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT......I WILL MAKE NIKI FLY WITH ME TO FLORIDA TO VISIT YOU SOON IF YOURE NOT CAREFUL LOL  KISSES DEBBIE :*
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I made this soup today and it is delicious.  I had to make a couple of changes.  I used great N. beans as that is what I had, I used chicken broth and canned pumpkin.  This reminds me of a fabulous pumpkin bisque.  I will let my family have some tonight so they can enjoy it also. 

Thanks for the wonderful recipes.

Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Debbie -- The sofa-sleeper is pulled out and the bean pot is warmed up -- waiting for you & Niki to arrive!  Hurry!  Supper's almost ready!

Loves, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

I'm sitting a home by myself tonight, and this soup just made me say "oh my goodness" out loud!!!  WOW WOW WOW....
Little Mary, you are amazing! I'm not sure if you have ever had Nordstrom's tomato basil soup (it is unbelievable) and this is just as good if not better!  And I can eat all I want and lose weight!!!!

This is just another reminder of why I love love love this plan!  Thanks again!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

This recipe sounds wonderful! Since I have just baked a pumpkin I'm going to try it!
Thanks Little Mary!  :rose:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

*love* this WOE, no boredom on it---roasted veggies of different  flavors, colors and textures, and soups that tickles my palate.  It's wonderful. Keep bringing up those older recipes.  I love them.  THANKS,  :D JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hummm....Pumpkin and chick pea soup? Wonder what that would tastel like?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...