Chinese Vegetable Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
greenheron

Re: Chinese Vegetable Soup

Post by greenheron »

I finally got around to trying this soup this evening.  It's been in my 'someday' pile ever since it was first posted!

It's very good...a big bowl of veggies with a subtle Asian broth.  A bit too subtle for me, but it's very tasty.  I did use almost a whole teaspoon of white pepper, and it's TOO  much....the soup has a little heat to it.  I used chicken stock concentrate (jarred, refrigerated) which has plenty of salt....didn't need any extra.  I also added more mushrooms.  I love mushrooms.  But I thought the soup was a little lacking....something.....so I threw in just a dash of ginger and three packets of Splenda, just to round out the flavors.  It helped.  I like the soup, and I'll probably make it again (with less white pepper!)  Since it's just a bowl of veggies in liquid, it's good for any time of day.  I just might have some for breakfast tomorrow.
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

Hello..just wanted to ring in here and say that I use NuNaturals NuStevia(White Stevia Powder) Non-Bitter and 0 calories..sold in health foos stores..I pay $9.99 for a box of 100 packets..I love it..It really does not leave an after taste in your mouth....
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I occasionally use pure fructose on a banana, etc. or Splenda brown sugar replacement. Don't care for Stevia, though I haven't tried NuStevia yet. And when I do use fructose or Splenda, I make sure I consume small amounts.

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on April 23rd, 2012, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

Can't remember but I thought I heard that splenda is not good for you...not for sure..oh yea it was Ted Boer(spelling) somebody I saw on Rod Parsley, couple of years back, talking about the top 10 things never to eat..and one of them was sweetners,he named splenda and others....not sure but think so..sorry if I am wrong....anyway whatever works for each of us..If anyone knows different, please feel free to enlighten me..Thanks Ladies...you are all wonderful...God Bless
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Well, I've always heard that aspartame was bad....and cyclamates, but not Splenda. Can you be thinking of NutriSweet?

SweetRose
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

SweetRose- I only use stevia.  I believe it is the safest as it's made from a leaf.  All the others are chemistry experiments.  I have MS and Equal (aspartame) has been implicated as a neurotoxin that can cause or exacerbate MS.  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Good to know; thx Pam!

SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Splenda contains alot of Chlorine.
Still a chemistry experiment.
Probably less harmful than Aspartamine though.
Stevia seems to be the most natural choice
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I figure fructose in small doses is probably the healthiest of all. For non diabetics, of course. I also use regular organic dark brown sugar.

SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I use the organic turbinato sugar.
I just don't use it very often and juse things that don't need sugar added.
I curb my sweet tooth with smoothies and fresh fruit.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...