Butter Bean Soup- Very Budget Friendly Too

All our yummy soup recipes!
Deeh
New, but learning

Butter Bean Soup- Very Budget Friendly Too

Post by Deeh »

This is a recipe I found on the back of Bush's Bean can and wanted to share it with everyone. I made it last night for dinner, it was easy and quick and tasted so good! It was very inexpensive to make too.

Butter Bean Soup
1 1/2 cups celery, finely chopped
1 cup carrots, finely chopped
3/4 cup of onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
3 tbs flour(I left this out)
4 cups of water
2 cans Bush's Butter Beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp basil

In a lg pan cook celery, carrots, onions in oil until soft. Gradually add water and add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. I actually added a little garlic salt instead. It was so good. I can't wait to have some today!
Last edited by Deeh on July 28th, 2009, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
heretotheend

Re: Butter Bean Soup- Very Budget Friendly Too

Post by heretotheend »

:rolleyes:  Can't wait to try this..........it sounds really good.

Martha
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

heretotheend wrote: :rolleyes:  Can't wait to try this..........it sounds really good.

Martha
~snicker~ aint we just horrid all we wanna do is "try" stuff, like we aint got nuttin betta to do but fill our fridges and freezers fulla "try's" so we can make more keepers  :D

this does sound soooooooooo good, Ima hafta make it too, jest cos I likes to cook  :blush:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I've made this quite often but made a few changes.

I only use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 can cannellini beans, drained (pureed with one cup of the water in place of the flour), added salt and pepper to taste.

This has been a very popular soup in our house.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on March 27th, 2011, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thanks CQ for bringing this recipe back up on the boards with your recommendation on what to use instead of flour.  I think it sounds really good.  I will make it tomorrow (with your beans-instead-of-flour recommendation), since I am running low on the Robolita recipe I made recently.  Jerrie :)