Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full

All our yummy soup recipes!
Charlotte C.

Re: Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full

Post by Charlotte C. »

Little Mary the Pizza Soup was just as I expected  :thumbsup: :drool:
                                                                    Thanks a bunch
                                                                          Charlotte
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Charlotte,
For variety, I saute sliced zucchini, onions, mushrooms & peppers to add to the Pizza soup.
I also brown lean hamburger meat to add if I am eating it for lunch.
It is sooo good and very filling!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Sounds good to me to Linda. I made mine with venison. Just let me say that I have truly loved these message boards.They are so helpful, everybody here is so nice. Everyone here has really been a blessing to me. *hug*
                                                                                      Charlotte
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

barrypaxton wrote:Linda, boiling the whole squash in a big pot of water is the only way I've ever fixed spaghetti squash. It's so easy to do that way!!

Ollie

Ollie, how long does it take to boil?  I have such difficulty cutting in half when I bake it, which makes me not make it very often.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

LINDA RN wrote:Charlotte,
For variety, I saute sliced zucchini, onions, mushrooms & peppers to add to the Pizza soup.
I also brown lean hamburger meat to add if I am eating it for lunch.
It is sooo good and very filling!

Linda, if I haven't mentioned it lately, I sure do appreciate you taking the time to help with LDL food ideas.    :thumbsup:
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Mlfh, I do a really hard boil for about 45 minutes. I penetrate it with a fork to test for doneness.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thanks, Ollie!  I can't wait to try it this way.  I have so many ways to add toppings, LDL approved of course, but haven't found an easy way to do this.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Boiling it is definitely easier. Thanks Ollie for giving a time frame. I was just guessing at it. Fortunately it turned out OK.
Will try timing it next time and hopefully fix it more often. Love the taste of it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Pizza soup update.  I made a batch of pizza soup yesterday and tried leaving the pinto beans whole.  We liked it even better as we got to bite into and chew the beans.  It made the soup feel even more substantial!  This is such a great and versatile recipe.  Add whatever ingredients you love (LDL appropriate of course) to make it your own!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I considered that also Pam, but guess I just could not imagine Italian Pinto's.
So I added mushrooms and sauteed zucchini for substanence!
One of these days, Italian Pintos!
I can learn!
Linda

SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Don't forget , there are Italian beans! :thumbsup:

The good ol' internet provided me with the following information:

Popular Italian Beans
The region of Tuscany is famous for its bean production; cannellini, white kidney beans, is perhaps its most popular bean and these are simply referred to as fagioli. Other popular Tuscan white beans include soranini, toscanello, corona and schiaccioni. While many cooks will substitute one white bean for another, each strain provides its own individual shape and tecture to a given dish. Of course, white beans are cultivated in other areas of the country, but Tuscany seems to be their rightful home.

Borlotti at Italian Market
Borlotti is a beloved bean of northern Italy. Borlotti is also considered to be the healthiest due to its high iron concentration. This bean in particular is a popular meat substitute. These red, tan and brown speckled beans turn a dark brown on the outside and a yellow on the inside when cooked. They add a delightful creamy consistency to any recipe.

Fresh or dried fava beans are a staple of Abruzzo, Puglia, Campania as well as Sicily. A staple of southern Italian cuisine, fava beans are hardy and widely available. Purchasing beans that are already skinned and split is the preferred method for ease of preparation. Buying whole beans in their protective skins means calls for hours of soaking as well as a tinge of bitterness when they are cooked.

Lentils, or lenticchie, are eaten all across Italy. With their nutty taste, lentils are ideally small and brown. The most select lentils are grown in Umbria, Abruzzo and Sicily. Although lentils do not demand soaking previous to cooking, they are best when soaked for about an hour. With all beans, keep in mind that the fresher the bean, the better it will taste when used in your favorite recipes.

SweetRose :rose:
Last edited by SweetRose on May 1st, 2012, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

The lentils sound great and the fagioli...  Thanks!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Interesting, SweetRose, thanks for sharing.
I actually had the canellini beans in the Ruby Tuesday's White Chicken Chili.
I like the canellini beans better than any other white bean.
Linda

nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

I have not tried this soup yet..but it sounds very yummy...going to next week.. I have already got my menu this week....
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Wow, I couldn't stop eating this soup. My DH also enjoyed it and a small salad, then we had apples simmered in apple juice concentrate with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, for dessert. I have never enjoyed eating so much and no sugars or bread. LDL is the life for me. My GD is eating the LDL plan and enjoys the recipes. They are simple and don't require a lot of fancy ingredients. Thank you Mary :ymapplause:
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have all the ingredients and will make this tomorrow!
chewy

Post by chewy »

what a delicous looking soup! i will veganize it by skipping all the meat and just doing all the vegetables,tomato sauce,spices and of course the hearty ,satiating beans!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omi,
Thanks for bringing this to the top again. I just finished reading the WHOLE thread and it in now a MUST to get up and go do!!
I am going to make meatballs with the meat ( combo lean beef and turkey breast) and use the same spices. This way, I can add meat to my protein meal, and still keep the soup veggie at night. AND, still get the "original" taste fo the receipe. I know if marysimmons created it. It's good!!
I think because it's "that time of year" I want something more at night other than my smoothie and popcorn. Last night I had a salad, just good veggies GO BEETS!..more of the "good thinking" of:
This is a first sign of me wanting something different..hmmm.. I am still going to go make a good batch of Knock Your Socks Soup and have plenty to freeze, but I will do this too. I am not craving Pizza either!.
I was keeping ingredients in the house just in case. Now, with this cold weather. I just want some good soup!!
Zesti