Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full

All our yummy soup recipes!
Queenie
Administrator

Re: LITTLE MARY'S PIZZA SOUP -- A MUST!

Post by Queenie »

Faye --

Yes, we love this pizza soup!!  All the soups are very good - The meatball minestrone is excellent... the topic is started by DEBBIEWEBE...

Of course, right this moment, I can't think of the exact names of the others...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

How about the Taco Soup?  That is really good too!  Or if you get really brave for something new and different, try the "Most Filling Tomato Soup".  It is really filling...and also delicious!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
DB2
New, but learning

Post by DB2 »

Thanks Mary and Jeanne.  We had the Taco Soup Wed. night.  It was a hit.  I had a lot of compliments on it.  I have had several people ask for the recipe for this and the Pizza Soup.  I haven't decided what kind of soup to have next Wed.  That will be the last supper we have until after the first of the year when school starts back.  In the mean time, I will be trying more recipes and see how I can work more LDL type foods into the menu.

Faye
mjt41799

Post by mjt41799 »

Can this be eaten for the NON ldl meal? Or since it has the turkey, would it need to be eaten for lunch only?
niki

Post by niki »

it has ground turkey in it so it should be eaten for the main meal......although,bear in mind that roger states that you can eat all the allowable foods in the beginning whenever you want while you wait to lose the cravings...so if you've lost the cravings,you should be fine tuning your program to eating something like this only once a day.....................niki
mjt41799

Post by mjt41799 »

Thanks niki!  Kind of what I thought too.  Just makin sure.... :P
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full

Post by robnveronica »

Just thought I'd bring this back up to the top for any newbies.

This soup took me about 45 minutes total from start to finish. I've made it 2x this week. Both times I've shared with a co-worker who is doing WW. He tried to calculate out the "points" value for this soup and basically came up w/ 2 points for 2 cups vs 7 points for a single slice of pepperoni pizza. Since he's limited on the points for the day I tried to convince him this was the BEST alternative and that maybe he should TRY LDL. We'll see is all I've gotten as commitment. ALSO, I've spoken w/ another co-worker who has told her mom (she's thin but mom needs to lose about 120# I've been told) about how I seem to be doing so well. Maybe we'll get more people on the boards soon!!
itsmimi

Post by itsmimi »

I love this soup also Veronica.  I am so glad I don't have to count points with weight watchers anymore too.
Mimi
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

??? So where are the recipes ???  Sorry to be so clueless!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Gwennaford;
Your reply is showing up on page 4 of this topic. Do you see the "1, 2, 3, 4" near the bottom? Click on the "1" and you'll find the recipe is the first comment in this thread.
Make sense? If not let me know and I'll try a different way to explain it.
NJ
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks, NJ.  I haven't done Internet since IM was new -- a lot has changed!  (including the number of remaining brain cells I have)  Plus, I never did chats or bulletin boards because I never found a topic I cared about enough to bother.  Now that the Lord has led me to all of you, I don't think I'll be able to stay away.
ImageImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

:)  We don't WANT YOU TO BE ABLE TO STAY AWAY...we WANT YOU HERE with us...ALWAYS!!!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

EnJae wrote:Gwennaford;
Your reply is showing up on page 4 of this topic. Do you see the "1, 2, 3, 4" near the bottom? Click on the "1" and you'll find the recipe is the first comment in this thread.
Make sense? If not let me know and I'll try a different way to explain it.
NJ

Apparently I'm upside down, because the top of page 1 is set up as the most recent post & the original topic is at the bottom of the last page.  Brilliant deduction on my part, no? :-}

Thanks to Jeanne, also.  Once upon a time, I gave up my pride and admitted/accepted that I can do nothing without the support of caring & loving people.  My life became so much richer, and EASIER, too.  So now the Lord has brought me back full circle again, to people who are interested in helping me get well.  I'm profoundly grateful to be here. 
ImageImage
Mynx

Post by Mynx »

This is the first soup I have made so far. It is really good!

Instead of pureeing the pintos with a blender since I did not have any I used refried beans and dumped that in. I thought that might be made out of pintos anyway.

Thank you for the recipe!
LeslieB
New, but learning

Post by LeslieB »

This soup is soooo good.  After trying this soup, I knew this lifestyle change was something very doable. Thank you Mary for your recipes and commitment.

LeslieB
rodie

Post by rodie »

Mary,

You mentioned black bean soup by DP was the best,I can't find it,could you help?

Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
rodie

Post by rodie »

Thanks Mary,I really appreciate it!!! I'm on Day 2 and so far doin ok!
Have a GREAT weekend!!!!!
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)