Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full

All our yummy soup recipes!
Jeni
New, but learning

Re: Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full

Post by Jeni »

On the veggie cheese - I don't really think it's necessary to make this soup GREAT. Here's a question, though - what about a dusting of regular old grated Parmesan cheese on top?
Regards,

Jeni

bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Mary,  My son started LDL today and this is what I fixed for his first LDL meal.  He said Mom are you sure your doing "diet" food maybe you got it mixed up. This is to good to be "diet" stuff.  ;)  I told him I still have a few tricks. ( that friends had taught me on the boards. )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I didn't do any cheese at all and it was very good.  For me, I really didn't need cheese to feel satisfied.  Thank you for answering my question. 

Mary, another great soup recipe.  :thumbsup: 
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

crickadoodle wrote:. . . the recipe says something like submerge it on top.  ??  Not sure what this means.  Do you use a piece of the cheese for each bowl and just kind of put it on top but make it sink a little?? 

That is exactly what I do when I do use the cheese. -- The low fat and fat-free mozzarella does not melt as easily as the full-fat version so it needs a little moisture to get it started.

Pizza Soup was my first LDL recipe that I saw Roger & Anita making on the Homekeepers program at 5:30 one morning.  HaHa - nothing like a STEAMING BOWL OF PIZZA AT 5:30 A.M.! ! !  But I LOVED it -- and I lived on it for the first couple of months.  It wasn't until later that I graduated to grapes & popcorn!  LOL
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

OH MY GOODNESS! This is amazing stuff... and my KIDS love it... which is a big plus for a very busy mom of 5! I don't have time to make separate meals for them... and this is now one of their favorites! thanks Mary! :thumbsup:
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

vickiann

Post by vickiann »

Thank you for this delicious soup recipe!  Made it tonight and it's awesome.

Vicki
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

Well I've heard all the rumors and praises about this soup so tonights the night (and tomorows when I eat it =)) I'm thoroghly exited!  ;D

(also bumping this thread to the top it took me a little to find it)

-Danny  ;D
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My most favorite way to eat Pizza Soup is over a bed of spahgetti squash.
Since I have never eaten spaghetti squash befiore LDL I am still getting comfortable with these lucious winter squashes and how to cook them. I have microwaved and baked them but kept thinking there had to be a better way. So here is what I did:
Put medium sized spaghetti squash in a large pot filled about half with water. Bring to a boil and boil for about 30-45 min after boiling starts. Remove from pan to cool. Then I used same pot to begin fixing the Pizza Soup while it cooled. Once the soup was done, the squash was cool enough to slice longitudinally in half to remove seeds then using a fork, rake out the squash into a bowl. I remembered to take pictures AFTER we had eaten about half of what was in the bowl!

Here is the Soup/Sauce

I kept the meat seperate so that I can have more this evening. Just sprinkled ground beef on top!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- That looks so good.  BTW- How do you publish pictures in the body of the text?  You are so good at technology; I on the other hand.....
Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Linda, boiling the whole squash in a big pot of water is the only way I've ever fixed spaghetti squash. It's so easy to do that way!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Pam,
The third icon from the left, just above the faces, is the insert image. When you click it, it puts a code into the body of the text.
There is a begining code and and ending code. .
You have to get your curser between the 2 codes (between the brackets) and right click and paste the address of the image.
That is where it is more difficult than it should be. You have to upload the image to somewhere on the internet before you can get the http address that has to be pasted in there.
What I usually do is take the picture with my phone, upload the pictures to my Facebook account, then right click on the picture after it posts to facebook, and click properties so that I can copy the address.

Until 1997 I was completely computer illiterate. Someone showed me a computer at work just as Windows 95 was coming out. I started doing some of my BLS/ACLS handouts on the computer. When I saw the backspace key, I thought I was in heaven! I am a terrible typist! Backspace is soooo much better than whiteout or correctotape! I used the computer to help the hospital write and print their policy and procedures for JCAHO in 1997 and 2000. Then sometime in 2002 or 2003 our OB/GYN doc talked me into taking a computer repair class at VoTech. That is where I really learned. Tore computers completely apart and put them back together and got them working. I highly recommend doing that.

Anyway, I will be glad to help in any way I can. Just remember, I am not really a nerd.
Like Roger, I give a good performance.
When all else fails, I call my daughter who does have certifications!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Yum! That sure looks good! Thanks for the picture, Linda!  :)

I haven't made Pizza Soup for long time.... I'll have to try it again!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Linda- You make things sound so easy.  You're a great teacher.  I'll bookmark this and try it soon.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Linda, the pictures of the foods are beautiful.  I love typing on the computer, doing research on it, blogging, and buying products on it---that's it.  I had to do my grant on line, so I had a high school student help me send the info.  He liked the money, and it saved me time.  Linda posted my picture.  Thanks, Linda, you are a whiz!!!   *hug* :)  JF  
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Ok Little Mary I am going to try your pizza one day this week. I sure hope I like it as much as everyone else does. I already had the Tamale Pie. It was great.
                  Charlotte
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I made my all-time favorite Taco Soup today. Grandkids love it.
Last edited by LINDA RN on March 5th, 2011, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

I meant to say pizza soup Little Mary.
                                      Charlotte
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Little Mary I made your pizza soup today, will have it tomorrow because I already had lunch today. I cant wait it SMEELS SO GOOD. Been on LDL for 18 days now.
                      Charlotte