Let's Do Lunch PIZZA SOUP...Eat Until Full

All our yummy soup recipes!
Tori

Re: LITTLE MARY'S PIZZA SOUP

Post by Tori »

I'm very much looking forward to trying this recipe! Pizza was a big downfall for our whole family because we love the flavor so much. Thanks for giving a great alternative! (:
Tori

Post by Tori »

Just an update!

I made your pizza soup yesterday Mary, and everyone loved it!  ;D
Thanks for the great recipe!

Tori
Tori

Post by Tori »

Thanks Mary!
It's nice being part of a group of believers who all share the same goal. (:
Andy
New, but learning

Re: LITTLE MARY'S PIZZA SOUP -- A MUST!

Post by Andy »

I must say this was an excellent soup. My whole family loved it. I made a few slight modifications:

I used a whole pound of ground turkey and
a package of turkey pepperoni
I also added a can of crushed tomatoes. These added more liquid but also acted as a thicker much like the beans.
I also added about 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper to give it a bit more spice and a 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.

All in all this was a great soup and I feel like I could live off this stuff. My father said that exactly whcih is strange because he really doesn't care for Italian food!

Thanks!

~~Andy
niki

Post by niki »

hi andy..........that sounds good.....i use crushed red pepper all the time....i even use it in broccoli rabe along with garlic to give it some bite........
   without your even telling me,i would say that the turkey pepperoni probably has at least a couple of ingredients that are not that good for you....so i would be careful..but i knew a couple of italians who used to use pepperoni for their sauce,so i'll bet it was REALLY delicious...................niki   
Last edited by niki on July 20th, 2006, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

OK, Mary - I know it's been said by almost everyone - but this soup is FANTASTIC!!!  I made it this morning to take for lunch.  It smelled so good that I not only put some in a container for me, I put some in a container and drove it to my boyfriend, who was already at work. 

I just got done talking to him and he said, "Are you sure that soup is good for us?"  I assured him that it was.  He said that he took it up to his office and ate it right then (it was about 8:15 a.m.) because it was still warm!!

Kudos to you, m'dear!  I'm a pretty good cook & used to be a specialty dessert maker (a THIN one!!) - I have tons of recipes that I've made up and collected - a lot of them will conform to my new way of eating.

Thanks Again,
Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Carolyn,
I agree this soup is my favorite of all......I look forward to you sharing some of these conformed recipes!!
ANG