Loerita's Quick Bean Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
kwilliams
New, but learning

Loerita's Quick Bean Soup

Post by kwilliams »

I just made and ATE some of this delicious soup.  I used chopped tomatoes with chilis.  It was great! *woot*
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Loerita's Quick Bean Soup

Post by MsHeirloom »

K- Could you please post the recipe or a link to it.  I think it's in the book, however, I have purchased 4 books and presently don't have one in my possession.  I keep giving them away!!! :D  Pam
Lynda
New, but learning

Post by Lynda »

Hello Pam, I am just looking at the recipe it is in the red book which I just received one week ago ,I'm going to try it myself too :

1 16oz can Bush's pinto beans
1 16 oz can  ' '    great northern beans
1 14 1/2 can del monte stewed tomatoes

1/2 can water ( 7-8 ounces )
1 med onion, chopped

Mix together.heat to almost a boil, and then simmer appoximately 30 to 45 mins.

Greetings to all from the sunny Island of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands , many blessings too , from
Lynda :D
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thank you Lynda of Lanzarote!  I can't wait to try it.  Pam
Red Lion Lass

Post by Red Lion Lass »

Pam, this soup is one of my favorite LDL soups. I have doubled the recipe but used black beans and navy beans for the extra two cans. Roasted tomatoes with garlic is really good, too.

Red Lion Lass
kwilliams
New, but learning

Post by kwilliams »

All great ideas. 
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about...
Red Lion Lass

Post by Red Lion Lass »

Pam,

I also forgot to tell you that CodingQueen posted a recipe using this recipe as the base. It's called "Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Beans and Okra." Her son is the one that actually took the original recipe and came up with the recipe she posted. He has since changed the recipe by using a sweet yellow bell pepper for the green when he uses okra. He said that it needed more color. I guess that's just the artist in him coming out. The last time I went over to her house, he'd substituted corn in place of the okra but used a green pepper. He's all into color. He's actually an awesome cook. He worked at a number of restaurants while putting himself through college to become an engineer. He's definitely going to make some girl very happy one day because she won't have to cook.

Red Lion Lass
Last edited by Red Lion Lass on March 24th, 2010, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wow, Red Lion Lass- This sounds not only delicious, but also very versatile.  Thank you.  Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

This was my main soup when I started, because it is  so convenient and filling.  I changed beans around, and sometimes I added a can of corn.  It is great.  glad to have all you newbies.  :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I love this soup because it's not written in stone that you have to use northern beans and pinto beans. I often will use whatever I have on hand....black beans, white beans..etc. and it doesn't take long to cook. The recipe that my son makes takes much longer because you have to chop all the vegetables....that's why he cooks...I don't like to take the time... :laughing:

CQ