Little Mary's Roasted Garlic and Butternut Squash Soup..

All our yummy soup recipes!
debbiewetzel

Little Mary's Roasted Garlic and Butternut Squash Soup..

Post by debbiewetzel »

I realized yesterday that we have been eating beans cooked everyway imaginable.  Although we still enjoy them, it occured to me that I (being the main cook at home) have overlooked the soup recipes on this site, except for the ones with beans :)

This morning, I made Little Mary's Roasted Garlic and Butternut Squash Soup.  It is to die for.  I can hardly wait to pour a bowl at lunch and dig in.  It has the most wonderful color, texture, aroma, and taste.  Before today, the only thing I knew about roasted garlic was the name.  I am 56 years old and have now discovered the most delicious tasting soup I have ever eaten.

I highly recommend this soup and will make it again and again.  It's my new comfort food.  There are many soup recipes that I plan to try out from the soup threads.  All of you have so many wonderful looking ideas.  I can't wait.

Thank you Little Mary for a wonderful recipe.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Little Mary's Roasted Garlic and Butternut Squash Soup..

Post by LINDA RN »

PBS on Saturday did a Butternut/Apple soup. They basically boiled a butternut squash (peeled and seeded), large onion, large apple (peeled and seeded, and a little grated fresh ginger in chicken broth then pureed with a stick blender. Looked good!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Debbie, I also have enjoyed making and eating the different soups.  I had never been an adventurous soup maker until I started making the recipes.  The cauliflower soup is delicious.  This morning, I had a lot of fresh small tomatoes to use.  I washed them, put them in my vitamix with a couple T of yogurt, dash of Italian seasonings, Sm piece of fresh hot pepper, salt and water.  It was steaming hot and delicious.  Next time, I will add a piece of onion.  The vitamix is great for cold smoothies, and if you want to let it run, it heats.  It's such an asset.  I too, am so grateful for the board recipes.  Next week, I get to make several recipes for an adult food class. It will be a delicious meal, and to think, weight loss!!!.    :thumbsup: :laughing: JF
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

Today was a good day...Here's to many more.  I will be eating more of the soups on this site  and I like the sound of the Butternut Squash/Apple Soup...

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
Nell
New, but learning

Post by Nell »

This soup also freezes well! I put it in serving size containers, label and freeze. It's great to have on hand.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

This soup is excellent!  So is the zucchini soup too.  Try that one you will love it!  It's called the soup my kids beg me to make.

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09