Israeli Salad!

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Israeli Salad!

Post by snowbirdie »

Here is a recipe for a salad I found on the internet. It is so yummy!  Here goes.

prep time. 10 minutes
              3 tomatoes
              3 cucumbers
              1 red bell pepper
              3 scallions or half red onion
              olive oil
              lemon juice-  I used cider vinegar
              salt
              pepper
              You may also add green and yellow peppers too for color

1. chop veggies in a small dice. The secret to a really good Isreali salad is finely chopping the vegetables
2. Immediatly before serving, season with olive oil,lemon juice,salt and pepper. Israelis tend to sprinkle on quite a lot of salt.
3. Use only fresh lemon juice not bottled for fresh full taste.
mylifeforhim

Re: Israeli Salad!

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thanks!  Can't wait to try it!
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Looking forward to eating this all summer.
Hoping to have garden-fresh tomatoes and cucumbers this year.
Thanks for sharing.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Garden????????  I have 4 feet of snow out there on the garden!  May melt by May...have to grow short season veggies lol
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

We have the opposite. Last frost here could be into early April and if you don't have tomatoes by May, you may not get any till fall. We are in the 90's by May and near 100's most of the summer. Tomatoes will not set above 86 degrees! Plus they won't set if temps fall below 68. Don't hold me to exact numbers. Just something I remembered researching when we grew tomatoes about 20 yrs ago. Cucumbers need water or they become bitter. I know that lack of water not a problem for you with all that snow melting, LOL
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK, cucumbers were 25 cents each at Wal-Mart so dug out this recipe.
Used seeded jalepenos instead of bell peppers because I did not have any bells.
Used purple onion....get out the kleenex!
Did not have any fresh lemon but did have fresh lime so used half a small lime to olive oil.
Spooned some out into a small bowl and since there was so much juice off the tomatoes, I only used about 3 fork-fulls of dressing to the small bowl.
I also sprinkled a little basil on top!
Soooo yummy!

Linda

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Linda
That looks beautiful. 
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi  You did a very nice job on the Israeli salad except it is supposed to be cut into a fine dice. The size of a little larger than a corn kernal. This is eaten mainly at breakfast but can be enjoyed at any time of day.
                              Judie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I knew it was supposed to be finely diced, but the tomatoes and cucumbers were almost overripe and I did not want mush this time.
I was very, very good like this, though.
Thanks for the recipe.
Linda

mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

I'm hungry now.  :)
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

I added olives today......also good with corn added
                                      kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10