Black Bean Salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
Clarice
New, but learning

Black Bean Salad

Post by Clarice »

I am not sure if a similar recipe like this has been posted or not.  This is delicious.

2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 or 2 cans white or yellow corn, drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 red or other variety sweet onion, diced
1/4 fresh jalepeno pepper, seeds and veins removed unless you like it hot.
Small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp cumin, to taste
Garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
1 or 2 tbsp. Balsamic or apple cider vinegar
2 or 3 tbsp. olive oil
Diced cucumber, optional

Combine all ingredients.  Place in refrigerator at least one hour before eating.

I could eat this everyday!
mylifeforhim

Re: Black Bean Salad

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thanks for sharing!  Can't wait to try it.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Clarice wrote:I am not sure if a similar recipe like this has been posted or not.  This is delicious.

Nope, Clarice, nothing like it on the boards.  The ingredients sound really good together; but, I have a question. 
Are 2 tablespoons of oil and 3 tablespoons vinegar combined with the spices enough to give the veggies and beans enough flavor?
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Country Girl also makes this salad.  It is delicious.  :thumbsup:  JF
Clarice
New, but learning

Post by Clarice »

VickiLynn wrote:
Clarice wrote:I am not sure if a similar recipe like this has been posted or not.  This is delicious.

Nope, Clarice, nothing like it on the boards.  The ingredients sound really good together; but, I have a question. 
Are 2 tablespoons of oil and 3 tablespoons vinegar combined with the spices enough to give the veggies and beans enough flavor?

I should have added that this is what the recipe actually calls for.  I do usually add a little more vinegar, but I think the amount of oil is enough.  Of course the longer it marinates in the vinegar and oil the better it gets, that is if you can wait that long.  I usually can't....lol.  I would say "season to taste".  The recipe specifies a red onion, but I would prefer to use a Vadalia or another one of the sweeter varieties.  I also think that fresh chopped tomatoes would be delicious. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Country Girl got the recipe out of a magazine, and I'm certain she never posted it on here.  She has brought it to a couple family gatherings, so I never asked for the recipe since we usually bring the same things again if people like them, but she told me what was in it, and it sounds like yours.  It is a good LDL dish.  :thumbsup: JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sounds Yummy.
Going to try it soon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Clarice,

Thanks for the answer to my question.  Now I can make it knowing I don't have to add any more vinegar and oil.  3-bean salad is one of my favorites. Now I can add another bean salad to my recipe book -- sounds delicious!