Butter Bean Salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
Charlotte C.

Butter Bean Salad

Post by Charlotte C. »

Hey everyone I found this recipe and wanted to share. Hope yall like it.

Butter bean Salad

1 can (15-1/4 oz.)green lima beans, rinsed and drained          2 tsp. ground cumin          In a large bowl, combine the beans, peppers, onion,
1 can (16oz.) large white butter beans, rinsed and drained      1/4 tsp. black pepper        and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
1 lg. sweet red pepper chopped                                                                              ingredients. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat.
1 med. green pepper chopped                                                                                  Chill until serving.
1 lg. onion chopped                                                                                                                                             
4 garlic cloves minced                                                                                                              Enjoy, Charlotte
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil ( you can use less )     
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Butter Bean Salad

Post by Joyful Friend »

Charlotte, Thanks.  I think I would enjoy this salad a whole lot.  I need to get a can of green lima beans; I have all the other things.  Come to think of it, I have frozen green limas, so will cook them and use.  Will make tomorrow.  It should last for 3 or 4 days in the frig. :thumbsup: JF
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Charlotte, your recipe was a little jumbled so I re-did it for you. See if this looks better.  Ollie

Butter bean Salad

1 can (15-1/4 oz.)green lima beans, rinsed and drained         
1 can (16oz.) large white butter beans, rinsed and drained             
1 lg. sweet red pepper chopped                                                                                                                                 
1 med. green pepper chopped
1 lg. onion chopped                                                                         
4 garlic cloves minced 

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil ( you can use less )     
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. black pepper         

In a large bowl, combine the beans, peppers, onion, and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat.

Chill until serving.

Enjoy, Charlotte
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Thanks Ollie I don't know why I couldn't get it right. Everytime I tried to do the way you did I didn't have enough room. I think it was something I was doing wrong. Thanks agin Ollie.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Charlotte,
The message window is a little hard to work with when posting long recipes or info.
When you get to the bottom of the window, the scroll keeps pushing the view to the top and it kinda "jumps" when you scroll down.
I have not found a way to hold it to keep it from bouncing back, so, for long posts, I will either paste or type in a Word Document to format.
Then I copy everything in the Word Doc and paste it into the message window. You can always hit the preview window to see how it will look when it posts. Its not perfect but has its plus's. At least you can modify your message when you find typos (unlike Facebook). I find lots of typos in my messages especially when I am posting from my phone. I can modify it even days or months later!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Thanks Linda for the imfo, I'm just not good with the computer. I started all this PC stuff late in life. LOL
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Charlotte,
I copied and pasted your recipe into a word document, the I was able to cut and paste in order to move it around and get the right order.

Next time you might want to start by typing it into a word document, then copy and paste it into the message box on this website.

Many blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Thanks Ollie I can only try. Yall are a great help.
                                              Charlotte
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Your right JF this will last several days in the frig. I think it makes for a good cool summer salad.
                                                                                                                Charlotte