Very Berry Salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Very Berry Salad

Post by MsHeirloom »

Very Berry Salad

I just made this for lunch.  Yummy.  We will be having it again tomorrow.

Salad:
Mixed greens
Strawberries
Blueberries

Dressing:
10 ounce jar of all-fruit, no sugar added raspberry jelly
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
Mix all together in blender

I served this salad with grilled chicken breast sliced on top.  Soy nuts would add a nice crunch.

Enjoy!
JerrieH

Re: Very Berry Salad

Post by JerrieH »

Pam - thanks for the recipe.  I have numerous flavors of the Polaner All Fruit Jelly.  I will have to try them with this recipe.  The salad dressing sounds good and easy.  Can't wait to try it with dinner tonight.  Jerrie :)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks Pam, this sounds great!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

you are making me very hungry Pam and i cannot eat any of this  :pouty:    Enjoy everyone:)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lulu- Sorry for activating your taste buds.  How are you doing?  I think of you every day and you remain in my prayers.  I hope the treatment is tolerable and you are doing as well as can be expected.  Your diet sounds very boring, but you have to do what you have to do.  Hope you can broaden your horizons soon.  The produce is getting so good.  Hugs- Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Pam,

What a great salad recipe -- the dressing sounds mouth-watering  :thumbsup: . I am going to wait until the strawberries here in NH are available.  They are late this year because of all the rain we had in May; as soon as they are available, your salad will be the first one I make.
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Oh, Pam, that dressing sounds like a great alternative to the sweet poppyseed dressing for one of my favorite salads:
spinach and strawberries with sliced red onions.

We just polished off a big container of fresh strawberries from Costco. Will have to put it on my shopping list again. So good!

I will definitely put this on top of my "Try This Recipe" list!

Take care,
Terri
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Pam,
        I have no polaners jam/jelly but make my own sugar free jam. So made the recipe with strawberry jam. It is so good. It tastes almost illegal. I wonder if chicken breasts marinated in a small amount of this dressing and then baked would work?    Thanks for the recipe!
                        Judie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Ummmm, that sounds good, Judie
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Pam, a clever idea that I will use.  Lazarus which is now Macy's used to have  a  similar luncheon salad in their restraurants, however, it was not suager free, but delicious.  It will be so good for my gal friends.  *love* *hug* JF