Chick pea And Kidney bean salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
graceface66
Master Member

Chick pea And Kidney bean salad

Post by graceface66 »

Chickpea and Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney beans are some of the healthiest beans around, containing loads of minerals like niacin, zinc, omega-3 acids, and many more. The onion, olive oil, and parsley also contain important nutrients. This makes a great side or lunch when served with a veggie-filled sandwich on whole-grain bread. The kidney beans are packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients.

Serves 3-4

1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can chickpeas, drained
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp pickle relish
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
¼ to ½ a yellow or white onion, finely diced
1 large handful parsley, roughly chopped

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Let sit for about an hour to let the flavors mingle, then serve as a side or pack in a plastic container for lunch.

Nutritional info per serving: 228 calories, 8 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 381 mg potassium, 32 carbohydrates, 9 g fiber, .2 g sugar, 8.2 g protein. 7% RDV Vitamin A, 20% RDV Vitamin B-6, 16% RDV Vitamin C.

I have not tried this yet...just thought I would post it beforew I lost it....lol
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Chick pea And Kidney bean salad

Post by LINDA RN »

Sounds great Chris.
Now that warm weather is here, I have been looning forward to those bean salads.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...