Three Bean Salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
Sharolyn

Three Bean Salad

Post by Sharolyn »

I made this yesterday and it is soooo good! I didn't find one like this on here, so, I'm hoping it isn't a repeat. My husband thought there was too much fresh rosemary in it; however, I really liked it. So, I guess it is a personal preference. Also, I didn't have any fresh parsley, so I used about a tablespoon of dried parsley. We ate some of it with our meal yesterday & it was so good. I can't wait to eat some today. I am sure it's much better after sitting in the fridge over night!  :)

1-15oz can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
1-15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1-15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
2 celery stalks, chopped fine
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1 cup fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 Tbsp. fresh finely chopped rosemary
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup equivalent sweetner(I used splenda)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 & 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

1. In a large bowl, mix the beans, celery, onion, parsley & rosemary.
2. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sweetner, olive oil, salt & pepper.
Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
3. Chill beans in the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.

Yield: Serves 4 to 8
Shari

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Three Bean Salad

Post by MsHeirloom »

I love bean salad and this one sounds great.  Yummy!  Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Sharolyn,

Your recipe is definiately not one of our recipes.  I love the orginal 3-bean salad and in fact just made a batch for eating next week.  Next time I have a craving for this type of salad again I will surely try yours out.
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

We ate the last of this today for lunch. My husband added some of his corn on his plate to his serving of bean salad & said it was delicious! I tried it & he was right. Next time I may just add some corn as well. And this just gets better sitting in the fridge. It is yummy!!
Shari

Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Sharolyn,

This recipe looks so good and I will try it.  I'm thinking it would be ok to add a couple of cans of green beans also as I love them so much. 

Thanks for the recipe!
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

SweetPea, I don't see why not! We finished off the bowl I had made and I'm already thinking about how I want to make it next time. Not that it wasn't delish the original recipe! But, any time I can get more veggies in something the better! Before it's all over, I may have a whole garden in there!! lol!  :laughing:
Shari

Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Sharolyn,  I made this bean salad today and added two cans of green beans and it was delish.  My husband loved it also.  It is disappearing fast so will need to make another batch.  Had it for lunch today with a porkchop which I browned and braised in diced tomatoes,onions, and etc.  Was a great meal!  Had popcorn and some appricots for dinner tonight.
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

We're on our 3rd batch of this bean salad! My husband eat's it for a snack. lol! Yesterday, I made some with garbanzo beans I had soaked & cooked myself. To me, it tastes even better! My husband doesn't care for the rosemary in it; but, I love it in there. So, I'm dividing it & putting rosemary in mine.  ;D Adding when I eat it isn't the same. I like the flavor marinating in it.
Shari