tomato salad with artichoke hearts

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
niki

tomato salad with artichoke hearts

Post by niki »

here's another cold salad to eat now when it's hot..of COURSE it has beans in it..........
      4-5 tomatoes cut into wedges
      1 medium onion cut into thin wedges      
      1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
      1 can chick peas(well drained and rinsed)

add a little oregano and freshly ground black pepper..the liquid from the artichoke hearts is sufficient...you don't have to add extra olive oil or vinegar unless you want to......you could add any beans you want....one time i added chick peas and red beans.....you choose.....you could ALSO add cucumber or zuchini sliced thinly.....i've been adding cucumbers lately which really works well.....niki
Last edited by niki on November 20th, 2009, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
nyKath

Re: tomato salad with artichoke hearts

Post by nyKath »

This sounds so refreshing and tasty and dang if I did NOT hit the farmer's market today as I was going the opposite way. Nuts! Once I get my hands on some local and very ripe 'maters, this will be the next salad to try. Thanks, Niki! nyK
niki

Re: tomato salad with artichoke hearts

Post by niki »

and make a lot..because it's better the next day..my mother used to make tomato salad..then i started adding marinated artichoke hearts(i always have the big jar from costco in my fridge)..poggi wrote on the boards that he made bean salad with chopped tomato and oil and vinegar....so i decided to make my tomato salad with artichoke hearts and add beans.....in this hot weather, it's a cool way of eating beans.........niki 
Last edited by niki on July 29th, 2006, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.