bean salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
snowbirdie
Master Member

bean salad

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi there I remember you guys from years ago when i WAS doing the program nice to see you Ya I gained 20 pounds just by goofing off and no exercise but started back and have lost 5 pounds. I am gonna make the bean salad for my lunch sounds yummy. judie
omalani
Master Member

Re: bean salad

Post by omalani »

11/15/16
I lost 55 lbs 2 yrs. ago and have been inching back up. It is because I am eating things I ate before joining LDL. Glad to have you back Love. Look up recipes for aquafaba on line. It is the juice from chickpeas and it looks like merange. I made some mayo, but didn't add enough EVOO so it didn't get stiff. I then added a little Ranch drsg. and it was low cal salag dressing. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi there well last Christmas I went out on deck to get my amazon christmas gifts and fell on ice and broke my leg. That was quite an experience then had terrible allergic reaction to simvastatin. but now all is better can walk almost normal again. Don' do that it was not fun
So now back to loosing 15 pounds again. Then if I feel like it a little more.I don't know I loose the darn weight and then I seem to find it again. lol
Is there a green bean casserole that is legal? I just love it but don't want to eat wrong thing.
I no longer live in International but moved to Washington state to live with daughter and son-in-law. I like it well enough but it is not like home. nice talking to you
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/20/16
I have never found an LDL green bean casserole that I liked. We are having Brussel sprouts, a veggie tray with dip, and sweet potatoes for our veggies. I am in Iowa and I found an apt. but there is a year waiting list. It is so beautiful and affordable. It is a senior complex and very few leave except to nursing home or grave. My eldest daughter, 3 granddaughters and 3 great grandkids (one child each) live in this area so I have family. :x The apartments have beautiful views, plenty of sunlight, and each floor has a community lobby. Downstairs on the first floor are community areas. The building is circular and there is an area with big screen TV, an area with computers, A grand piano with seating areas for live entertainment and an area with tables and chairs for family dinners, community potlucks, and games etc. It is close to the YMCA and downtown Des Moines where my Kids live. My daughter lives in nearby Ankeny. I am praying that I will get in by late next summer. Maybe some residents will be moving closer to their children. Life is an adventure. Living in this apt. will be like a luxury hotel. My other option is moving to Washington or Oregon when daughter and granddaughter move there, but that will be years in the future.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

where in washington? I am in Richland right in the desert. But with so much irrigation you would never know it. Sounds like you will be living the life of a queen. Good for you. Not sure what we will be having. Sweet potato pie for desert as my grandson loves it. He lives in San Francisco and will be flying in. Cant wait to see him. I am making his favourites. As for me what ever is legal I will eat as long as it is turkey. Lol
Have a wonderful holiday and G-D Bless

Judie
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/22/16
I've been to Richland. My SIL used to live there. I, at one time thought about moving to Walla Walla. The kids want to move someplace where they can buy a house. Monterey to Carmel are low end 1 million $. My family are trying to get them to move to Iowa. The money they save on housing could pay for vacations to all the beautiful places they want to go. Life goes on. The apt. I found has potential for all kinds of socialization. I love being around people, but I need my alone time too. Life is sweet, signing off from beautiful Pacific Grove, Calif. Look up Butterfly Town by Julie Capili, my youngest who is a singer songwriter and does massage therapy. It is on youtube.
Last edited by omalani on November 22nd, 2016, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi ok I will look it up. Have to help daughter now get ready for turkey day as she has to work tomorrow