At Work Salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
MikeL
New, but learning

At Work Salad

Post by MikeL »

I was wanting some sort of salad I could easily prepare at work.  I'm in such a rush at mornings I usually run off and forget anything I prepare, so I needed something I could leave in the fridge at work.

What I ended up doing was buying a salad mix at the store.  I add a can of water packed tuna, some red kidney beans, and some canned corn.  It is quick, easy, and best of all cheap!  I add a little salad dressing on the side.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: At Work Salad

Post by Queenie »

Mike - that's great!  We can do anything we put your minds to, can't we?  I've found that planning is everything - and always keeping snacks on hand - I might not eat them, but if I need them - they're there!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: At Work Salad

Post by Forever Young »

Excellent planning, Mike!  LDL is about planning ahead.  Always thinking/planning on what you are going to fix next.  I also have either salad or soup at noon at work.  I have a cat that makes sure I am up on time so I can make my salads in the a.m.

Some days I bring enough salad for two days, or soup too.  Then the second day I only have to...eat it!  I usually don't have my protein at noon.  I add carrot, onion, tomato, cuke, peppers, etc. to the lettuce, etc.

I am constantly mentally planning what I am going to prepare.  Since we had been eating out so much and it was a chore to mentally prepare for this.  But, like anything else, it is just adjusting to doing it...a habit.  But, we both really feel better since eating LDL style.

Just keep on keeping on...we are proud of what you are doing and how you are learning and adjusting to LDL.  Keep us posted.

Jeanne 
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!