FAKED POTATO SALAD

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
jerio

Re: FAKED POTATO SALAD

Post by jerio »

Thanks, Ms Debbie...this is something that I like to have for any occaision....and I don't know what you'd call it...it's sort of like taco meat, but I eat it for about any meal...

Cook and drain 2 lbs of lean ground turkey
Stir in one 15 oz can of no fat refried beans
Stir in one jar...16 oz.  no sugar salsa

I have made my own salsa, and have also found the prepared that doesn't have sugar..so either way..
This tastes very good on or with a Corn Thin....so,,someone tell me it it's legal....I hope ..
                                         Annie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

It looks good to me Annie....I think I will defineately  have try it.  You should post it on the boards under its own post.  It sounds like something I would love to eat with scrambled eggs in the morning  I love mexican food a lot.  I might even have to put a slice of pepper jack veggie cheese on top and microwave it a minute!!! Please keep posting all your great ideas.  We love to hear what the new members are creating.  Makes life interesting.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on January 30th, 2007, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerio

Post by jerio »

Oh ..this is good news for me...I should also say that sometimes I don't put the whole jar of salsa in the mix...just depends on what a person likes....my 6 yr old grandson will eat this.so..it really helps me out when he babysits with me...
                                                                             Annie
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Jerio,

This looks good to me also.  I will have to make this too!  I'll bet it would be good on Scoops also.  As long as there is no SUGAR in it, it should be okay.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Guys,
Dont forget to use up your leftover hardboiled eggs from Easter on  Garden Salads, Deviled Eggs, or make Toris Tuna Melts and Faked Potato Salad, Kidney Bean Salad, or Egg salad with light mayo!!!! Also take advantage of all the Grocery Store Sales on EGGS!!!! YUM
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on April 11th, 2007, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sb125

Post by sb125 »

Here it is, June, & I'm just reading this post!  I think this 'potato' salad looks great!! I love potato salad & I do miss the potatos once in awhile!
Congrats on getting off the pop!  A couple years ago, the Lord had me quit sugar & caffeine (coffee) at the same time at the beginning of the year.  I quit cold turkey & I had no headaches or cravings or anything.  It was completely His doing that I was able to quit.  Well you know after awhile you start to think, well a little coffee won't hurt me.  Maybe a little candy or some pop, etc. and before you know it, I was back to drinking pop & coffee again & eating sugar!!!!  ARGGGGHHHHH!  Not that I even ate that much sugar, but still the Lord had told me not to have it for health reasons, so I needed to quit eating any of it!!  So the second time I had to quit, I was in the headache stage & I know how you feel!!  I have been working on this all last year & this year, to really quit them.  Being on LDL has helped since the plan has us eliminate all sugars, but the coffee thing is still hard for me sometimes.  I just love the smell of it, & an iced vanilla latte in the hot summer is sooooooo good!!  I am praying that He will just take that desire away from me!!  He is so wonderful to help us take care of these things!!  Hang in there, you will make it (& so will I!) with His help.  Thanks for sharing the great recipe!
HAve a super day!
Steph  ;D :D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
sb125

Post by sb125 »

Well, I haven't tried the potato pancakes yet, but I DO make the mashed butter beans, hummus, and spinach and bean pesto, & I LOVE them!!  I think I am addicted to beans!  ;D  I love eating this way, I just get a little weak in the will power when it comes to going to McDonalds or fast food places!!  The Lord is helping me to make better choices!

Thanks for this wonderful plan!!
Love it!  Keep eating those beans!!  :D ;)

Blessings all,
Steph  :)
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I was talking to my daughter yesterday and she mentioned that she had seen the movie "Supersize Me" again.  The thing that really nailed her was the fact that this man, having chosen to see what would happen to him if he ate all three meals at McDonald's for one month, ended up with such severe liver disease that he could have died!!!!  Yes, he gained weight, yes all his numbers were up, but his liver had already started to deteriorate.  And remember, he had all the tests before he began and everything was normal and healthy!!!  Stay away from McDonald's!!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Roger,

I think one of the problems some of us have is that the fast food places are what is available and sometimes time constraints are causing us problems.  I know that personally some of my days are 14-16 hours long and almost ALL of those hours are AWAY from home.  I end up once in awhile not having anything in the house that I can bring for lunch...and McD's is in the town where I work.  It isn't a craving that I am trying to satisfy...but just find something to eat.  I know that everything at the grocery store deli is deep fried so that doesn't leave much for choices.  I know that this only happens to me once in awhile and I am trying to make sure it happens even less.  I know that when I eat that other stuff...I don't feel as well later.

You are right.  We must learn to PLAN  AHEAD.  I saw a sign where they had forgotten to plan ahead...and the a and d at the end were in smaller letters.  That is what happens to me some days.  We need to have LDL food in the supermarkets available for us I guess.  Hey!  That was a good idea I just had...now.....

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

I agree Mary, The closest grocery store to me is pitiful. The produce "aisle" is 10 feet long and on one side of the aisle. Fresh produce is expensive and there is no deli. The nearest Deli is 20 miles away and it is limited. The nicest produce and deli is located in Fort Frances which is in Canada, we can go look but we can't bring most produce back, we sit over there and eat it. So we have to get creative with our produce. Now that it is summer things get a little better........still expensive though.
        Enough whining for tonight, lol          take care and may G-d bless you all
                                                          Kris :)
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Ooops, sorry didn't mean to make you feel bad. People up here say they have to pack lunch when they go to town, lol. And like Mary, Walmart and Target are more than a hundred miles away. But That is the price of paradise....along with mosquitos large enough to carry off a small child. lol
    I  really do enjoy my life up here in the "wilderness" and we do a kmart. lucky us. And with the internet I can order a host of items just not fresh produce :'(
So don't feel bad the pluses greatly outway the minuses.
                                                            G-d bless all
                                                                      kris

If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Gene

Post by Gene »

Debbie,

I made your faked pt. salad, changed just a little, I liked it veriy much, you did Good.

Thanks,

ICL

Gene 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Debbie,

I HAVE to hug your neck!!!!  ;D  I have been eating the butter beans as mashed potaoes and LOVING them (thanks little Mary!!)  but it never even occurred to me to try this! 

Well I am happy to report I tweaked this recipe for myself.  I don't like sweet potato salad so I left out the splenda and vinegar.  I just made this like I used to make my old potato salad (with MUCH less mayo) with the boiled eggs and a little onion and I was in HEAVEN!  And the coolest part was I was full.  It used to be when I ate regular potato salad, that an hour later I was going back for more because my body was turning the potatoes into sugar and blammo I was craving.  Not with this recipe.

So again, Thank You Thank You Thank you!  I am thrilled.

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.