FAKED POTATO SALAD

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
DEBBIEWEBE

FAKED POTATO SALAD

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey All,
Im still on track and hey lookie its almost 4 pm.  Just made this for an early dinner with some sauteed chicken.  It was pretty darn good.  I appreciate some feedback if you try it.
Love Debbie

FAKED POTATO SALAD

Mix together in large bowl:
3 tablespoons lowfat light mayo
1 tsp vinegar
1 packet splenda sweetner
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp Salt

then add:
4 cans Joan of Arc Butter Beans Drained/rinsed and slightly blended
3 hard boiled Eggs Chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onion
3/4 cup thin sliced celery
a few blue cheese crumbles

Refrigerate Eat and Enjoy!!!!
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on June 18th, 2009, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imkay

Re: FAKED POTATO SALAD

Post by imkay »

what kind of vinegar did you use?  apple cider, white wine or other? 

and did the beans break up like potato chunks?

my DH will love this!!

will let you know when i make it
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Kay,
Just regular white but Im sure either would work, and no the beans stayed pretty whole but Im sure you could mash them slightly if you like it creamier!!!!  I just modified the recipe off the Hellmans jar and adapted it to the LDL way to make it healthier.  Probably could use whatever potato salad recipe you normally do just substitute the nofat mayo and the beans instead of potatoes that way you adjust the flavor to match what your family likes best.
God Bless
Debbie
Tress

Post by Tress »

Hi Deb...I just saw this, haven't tried it tho, I know just from reading what it will taste like...YUMMY.  I will lose the Splenda and add 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard..maybe a tad of honey and add another two hard boiled eggs when I make it for us. Maybe I will replace one can of the beans with Garbanzos.  Great Post!  Thanks!

Tress
jerio

Post by jerio »

Thank you so much, Debbie...I can't wait to try this..I just love potato salad..and this sounds so great...  Annie
mildred

Post by mildred »

Hello debbie I just finish made thefaked potato salad and I call my sister come over and she this too, she was blow away but guess what she took the whole thing home with her and I guess I have to made another one tomrrow ha ha.

God Bless You
MILDRED
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Dear Kay, Mildred, Annie, and TressThank Goodness its like 10x's easier too.  Not having to boil and peel the potatoes is a blessing in itself.  I have a confession to make as well.  I did put 6 hard boiled eggs into the 4 cans of butter beans but I didnt want to encourage anyone doing well on LDL to eat extra eggs.  Since I am only restarting and am currently on day three( day one only when I made the salad)  I wanted to make it YUMMY and wasnt concerned with the extra eggs but once my LDL habits are back into place I will try to make it with only 3 eggs I promise.  I missed having something cold and creamy to go with a sandwich, some of the fried popcorn flour chicken, or rogers yummy hamburgers or sloppy joes and I figured if they could do it with the mashed  and fried potato cakes why couldnt I do it with the potato salad as well.  Im half way into day three and so far NO STUMBLES!!! HURRAY!!!!!  I even only had time for 1/2 a banana and about 6 oz of orange juice this morning so for LUNCH I WAS HUNGRY!!!!  Lucky for me I had some Taco soup in the freezer....time to defrost and cook 7 minutes!!!!  Then I took two corn thins open faced.  layered one thin sliced roasted cajun chicken breast from the deli on each along with 1/2 a slice of fat free cheese.  Three thin slices cucumber, some blue cheese sprinkles, and topped with some yummy bruchetta and lots of fresh ground pepper!!!!!  AND A BIG GLASS OF WATER.  Im am defineately FULL and for the first time in 3 days Im not craving something SWEET like a DIET POP. Ive had to take some tylenol yesterday morning and this morning to ward off a very slight caffiene withdrawl headache.  I think Im stating to see light at the end of the tunnel.  THANK GOD.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

That's awesome, Debbie.  After reading your posts with NJ and Veronica these last few days, I realized that I was having more diet soda than I normally would.  We almost NEVER drink soda, but over the holidays I've found myself buying the 2 litre bottles to just have in the fridge.  I've been very concious of it these last few days and have just not had any...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carolyn,
Im so glad you were listening.  I on the other hand had to totally fail on this plan before it sunk in for me.  I remember a long time ago talking on the boards about it and having people saying on here from a diet standpoint an occassional soda was okay.......I guess I should have researched it myself more.  I kept saying I think the caffiene is making me hungry and giving me cravings.  Others said they didnt have that problem.  I should have listened to the little voice in my head but I loved diet pop and didnt want to give it up if I didnt have to.  I now know that I cant have it.  It makes me want sweets. Period end of story.  Im going to wait as long as possible before having one.  I want to be very secure on LDL again before I take a chance and risk having cravings again. 
Love ya Sweetie,
Debbie
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Debbie,

I just wanted to take a minute to congratulate you on giving up the diet sodas.  I KNOW how hard that was.  Before I started LDL, I made two important choices that changed my life.  I quit eating fast food and I gave up cokes.  I was drinking anywhere from 4-8 cokes a day!  Just those two changes and I lost from 357 to 332.  I was at 332 when I started LDL and I've now lost 29 1/2 pounds (that's right I claim that half pound! LOL) on LDL, for a total loss of 54 pounds.  I don't count that other weight when I report in here though because I lost that before I started LDL. 

So you just keep up the good work!  You're doing fantastic!!!  I want to try this recipe and the mashed potatoes recipe but I can't STAND the big butter beans.  Do you guys PROMISE they don't taste like that in these recipes?  LOL

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Little Princess,
Its been a struggle but I think it will PAY OFF BIG when it comes to eliminating my cravings for sweets.  Im sitting here with my mouth wide open impressed with your loss so far.  You are doing soooooooooooo awesome dear.  I wish I wouldnt have fooled around with illegal food over the holidays I would be so much further along by now.  Oh well....water under the bridge.  I feel so much better back on LDL.  I have had a pretty nasty headache the last four mornings so I look forward to that going away soon.
Thanks for all your encouraging comments,  you are so sweet and nice and I enjoy reading your posts so much as well!!!!! Any YES I promise they dont taste like THAT LOL!!!
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Hey Princess if you have Yahoo messenger the girls and I (Kay, Veronica, and Tom (lol) chat at nite sometimes......give me a personal message with your screenname if you have one, we'd love for you to join us sometime.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

That goes for anyone else on the boards too wishing to get some live help............if you'd like to chat with us sometime in a conference room email your Yahoo screen name to either Me, Veronica, Kay, or Tom and we will invite you to the chat!!!!!
Its all about LDL or whatevers on yer mind at the moment!!!!
GOD IS GOOD
Love
Debbie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Little Princess;
I have done the same thing; not counted the weight I lost before coming to LDL. But as I was reading your message a thought occured to me. Years from now am I going to say. ""Oh I lost 20 pounds using this diet and then 130 from LDL." Or am I going to say "Try 'Let's Do Lunch'tm! I am down 150 pounds from my highest weight. And I have kept it off all these years because of THIS GREAT WAY OF EATING!"

Really the weight you and I lost prior to learning about LDL is due to following LDL principles when we were still ignorant of the blessings! I think that is awe-inspiring. It says to me that God was leading us here; preparing us for LDL before we'd ever even heard of it. What an amazing thought!

Debbie;
I also had a thought while reading your post that kinda tickled my funny bone...
you wrote,"Oh well....water under the bridge."
And I thought "Yes, but it was what went OVER the 'bridge(work)' that messed us up those few weeks..." LOL

I love you girls!
Enjae
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Okay Ms. Debbie I am going to trust you and try these.  ;D  I will report back.  *grins*  As far as you falling down, you're not alone.  I bought Rogers book, tried it for about a week and said, "Forget this man I want chocolate!"  LOL  I just simply wasn't ready yet.  But, after another couple of weeks of eating like that and feeling crappy every single day, I was.  I thank God everyday that he didn't give up on me when I was in that place.  You've done exactly what I did hon, you got up, dusted yourself off, and now you're back on track!  YAY!!!

NJ you are RIGHT girl!  I never even thought of it like that.  You know what I think the most valuable thing to me on LDL is?  It's you guys.  I mean I know the food plan is my blessing as far as losing weight......and don't think for one moment I discount that.  But the love and encouragement of all of you, including Roger when he's in town and able to post.  Has touched me beyond measure.  And YES!  We are going to be on some commercial or some morning news show one day beaming like cheshire cats at our weight loss and the fact we've KEPT it off!  WOOO HOOO!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jerio »

Oh my goodness...I fixed this today...had it along with that three bean salad recipe listed here....and it was just wonderful...I can't thank you enough for this recipe..I love potato salad and bean salad..who would have dreamed you could eat so well...I have never eaten so well...goodbye to the starving and the feeling of not ever being satisfied with meals....this is it..I really enjoy all of these foods..       Annie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Isnt it great Annie?  Im so glad you liked it!!!!  I appreciate the positive feedback which will encourage more people to try it.  This recipe shocked me too at how delicious it was.  I love making things that are scrumptious and dont take much time to prepare. This is defineately one of them.  I'm still waiting for little princess to give em a try and let me know what she thinks!!! 
Debbie
jerio

Post by jerio »

Hey Debbie.....oh.like I said..this potato salad is just great..I have a recipe that I'd get you to check out to see if it's legal for LDL..if you wouldn't mind doing that for me....thanks..Annie
twatkins36
New, but learning

Post by twatkins36 »

I am looking forward to this receipe.  Especially when its time for grilling on the bbq.

Terri ;)
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Send it on Annie if you post it the experts on here will help you tweek it!!!  We are all here to help however we can.  Sorry I just saw this post this morning!!!
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Tori

Post by Tori »

I'm going to have to go out and buy some more butter beans now! LOL