French (or quasi German) "potato" salad-OR-" I am so excited I can't believe it"

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
t-rock
Master Member

French (or quasi German) "potato" salad-OR-" I am so excited I can't believe it"

Post by t-rock »

I used to make a french potato salad, and thought it was gone forever.  After seeing other mock potato salad recipes on the site I decided to experiment....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! If you close your eyes you can hardly tell this is made with beans!  How do I know ? I made my husband taste it with his eyes closed and he had to think about it for a minute....HA !

I just made a little but am going to do the recipe for four

2 cans butter beans, rinsed and drained

Dressing:

apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp dijon
salt
pepper
extra virgin olive oil to thicken
Mix together, use as much dressing as needed on beans, ADD

- chopped chives
- chopped tarragon
- chopped parsley
Last edited by Anonymous on June 10th, 2009, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grambonnie5

Re: French (or quasi German) "potato" salad-OR-" I am so excited I can't believe it"

Post by grambonnie5 »

I made this salad today for lunch. It was really good. I used too much vinegar but was still fabulous.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
MaryB

Re: French (or quasi German) "potato" salad-OR-" I am so excited I can't believe it"

Post by MaryB »

Thanks T-rock. I'm going to mae this tonight to go with my LDL burgers for lunch tmorrow. I feel like i'm going on a picnic! :)
Mary Ann

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Dr. Thomas Fuller
Valiadasilva

Post by Valiadasilva »

:D That was awesome, did add a boiled egg at the last, and a touch of crumbled blue cheese.    I served it with home grown tomato slices,  and a veggie burger patty made with pinto beans, onions, peppers.  It was awesome to say the least.

Thanks again for this addition to my summer potato salad cravings.
Valia Dasilva
Montana Artist