Marinated Green Bean Salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
Deborah D.
Master Member

Marinated Green Bean Salad

Post by Deborah D. »

Found this recipe in the Jenny Craig cookbook, replaced the sugar with stevia to make it LDL.

1       pound fresh green beans
16     cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3    cup water
1/3    cup white wine vinegar
3/4    teaspoon dill seeds
1/2    teaspoon Stevia
1/2    teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/4    teaspoon salt
2       cloves garlic, sliced

Arrange beans in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.  Cover; steam 3 minutes.  Plunge into ice water; drain.  Combine beans and tomatoes in a dish.

Bring water and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan.  Add dill seeds and remaining ingredients.  Pour over beans.  Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours.

Yield: 8 (1/2 cup servings)
Last edited by Anonymous on December 11th, 2009, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Re: Marinated Green Bean Salad

Post by o2bthin »

Dee, this sounds pretty good.  Reminds me of making those pickled green beans...I can't remember when or where we were when we made them...maybe at Mimi's one summer?  I do remember they were good!  I think I will look for a 'pickled green bean' recipe.  Then, we can get together at your house or mine, next summer, and put up some pickles.  I think that would be fun. 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

That does sound like fun, just put Mom and Dad in the car and come on up...I would love to put up some LDL pickles and other foods.  I have a kitchen that's kind of big, and I have all those LARGE pots, we can use...Just let me know when next summer, and I will be ready.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

So, do you REMEMBER making the pickles??  Or, were you too young.  My brain just ain't working tonight.
Beginning weight - 247                 

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

I was way to young   *lipssealed*  way to young   :angel:

Sorry baby I just don't remember that, but I do remember you making the hard candy, and pouring it down the toilet, while it was still hot...  :sick:

Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on November 21st, 2009, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Ha!  You WOULD have to remember THAT, you stinker!  It's a wonder mom & dad didn't kill me...the things kids do!
Beginning weight - 247                 

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

There are some things you just CAN'T FORGET  ;D ;D ;D.  And I am very happy to say that is one of them....Don't you remember that when the HOT syrup hit the COLD water....And then you and the others tried to clean it up!!!!  I know I was very young then, but it is one memory I will never forget  :angel: :angel:....  And I think Mom and Dad took it very well.....after all your still with us today....Love you and Happy Thankgiving.

I am staying on LDL during the holidays....going over to my brother in laws house, taking tossed salad, taco soup, and Lasagna, which is all LDL and then having Turkey breast with it.  After all Dec 8th is not that far off, (14 days).

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs